• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

X Force incredible screw up

I said be careful because you never know what you are going to get. My stryker 955 hp is one of the best radios I own. I have no need for an amp. Everytime I call CQ I always get a response............ Just sayin....I never said anything about you being cheap.. If that is how you took it my apologies my friend...

Thanks for the clarification. Stryker is nice, I like the functions and ease of use - cant believe I just said that! However, there is something about the Ranger I cannot quite put my finger on, it seems to sound much nicer , even with the trashy ear bleeding speaker that it comes with.

I wont never get another Xforce I got one 3years ago had problems with tried to get up with them was going to take it to them myself they wouldn't have any of that they wanted me to send it to them. they was supposed to get back with me on the cost and that was 3 years ago and I am still waiting, so I took it some where else to get it fixed, Hopefully it will be done later this week. this the second XF amp Ive owned the 4 pill did good all the way around this 6 pill never worked from day one.
The current "pills" are PP100 or whatever they use, Id rather go HG transistors. But either way DEI , HG etc.. seems like all these current amps need babying .

In my small mind and please someone correct me if I am wrong. As a guide 4 pill run no more than 300 PEP and 8 Pill no more than 600W pep?

The current "pills" are PP100 or whatever they use, Id rather go HG transistors. But either way DEI , HG etc.. seems like all these current amps need babying .

In my small mind and please someone correct me if I am wrong. As a guide 4 pill run no more than 300 PEP and 8 Pill no more than 600W pep?
the guy that is redoing it is putting Toshibas in it now, supposed to be better than pp100's

the guy that is redoing it is putting Toshibas in it now, supposed to be better than pp100's

Of course, that is what I have learned in my short time on here, that the Toshiba's are the holy grail of pills or something to that effect.

I contacted Xforce a few days ago via email, didnt hear anything back. Stomachs must be full, I move on to the next vendor.

Plus I dont think I can fathom sending payments and having to wait 2-4 months for something that wont probably live up to its expectations. This goes for most CB amps. I think Im going to just either buy an "off the shelf" Texas star 500v or 1600 model. Bearing in my mind my previous post about running them 300W PEP and 600W PEP respectively at most as in to baby them.

PS Lets be brutally honest here, the amp builders have the ball firmly in their court, anything happens its always the users fault thus chargable, its a win win win situation as a business model in my books.

Last edited:
Of course, that is what I have learned in my short time on here, that the Toshiba's are the holy grail of pills or something to that effect.

I contacted Xforce a few days ago via email, didnt hear anything back. Stomachs must be full, I move on to the next vendor.

Plus I dont think I can fathom sending payments and having to wait 2-4 months for something that wont probably live up to its expectations. This goes for most CB amps. I think Im going to just either buy an "off the shelf" Texas star 500v or 1600 model. Bearing in my mind my previous post about running them 300W PEP and 600W PEP respectively at most as in to baby them.

PS Lets be brutally honest here, the amp builders have the ball firmly in their court, anything happens its always the users fault thus chargable, its a win win win situation as a business model in my books.
you are right there, I am sure that if they had gotten back to me that's is what would have been said,that it was my fault it was messed up. Sorry but it just left a bad taste in the mouth when you order a amp wait 3 to 4 months to get it and it don't work that's pretty bad

Probably because your dealing with someone that sells illicit goods. :)
I would not because every once in awhile the FCC takes one of these guys out.
And when they do, your name is on a list someplace.

A good number of X-Force amplifiers are in stock and ready to ship. If you are dead set on Toshiba finals they can still build you one, there is an up-charge though. Even at that you won't be waiting 2-4 months for your amp.

http://www.xforceamps.com/

You must also realize that since this is an illegal product amp builders don't like tire kickers because they don't know who you are. I have owned numerous X-Force products over the years and they have been great. I have not had any amplifier with these new power pills.

A good number of X-Force amplifiers are in stock and ready to ship. If you are dead set on Toshiba finals they can still build you one, there is an up-charge though. Even at that you won't be waiting 2-4 months for your amp.

http://www.xforceamps.com/

You must also realize that since this is an illegal product amp builders don't like tire kickers because they don't know who you are. I have owned numerous X-Force products over the years and they have been great. I have not had any amplifier with these new power pills.

Just trying to understand the meaning of tire kickers, where I came from tire kickers where generally seen as those who for example come check your car you are selling, rev the shit out of it and generally waste time. I didnt think the term would be used about someone asking about an item or inquiring to see whats available, but then again as you rightly mentioned, one sometimes ( buyer ) forgets the legal aspects of the matter.

I guess if the website has the little indicator of in stock product or not then one would just add that amp to cart and check out via paypal?

After going through what I did and occasionally still do I was of the belief that people should stay away from the old sweep tube type amplifiers like d&a, Palomar, pride, galexy ect ect.
The reasons for owning these types of amps myself are two, 1. I already had several from my day's back when they where basically all that was available (especially for base use.) 2. Pure nastalgia.
When I got back on the air approximately two and a half years ago +(? from a 25+ year absence) BANG!!
All I read about as far as availability for new amplifiers where transistorized/pill amps.
I thought since I had enough amplifiers to set up two decent stations (one AM the other SSB) I would just go ahead and have the oldies refurbished.
That was the first hurdle.
Finding someone who could and was willing to work on these amplifiers was definitely a job in itself.
Then narrowing it down through what I found online or in my case a referral, I was lucky enough to find someone who in my opinion is the real deal.
I was totally convinced that anyone in the market for a base amplifier should stay away from what I myself gravitated towards. And that's sweep tube amplifiers made specifically for the 11 m (CB radio band.)
My opinion over the last year or so has greatly changed.
Once a sweep tube amplifier is brought back to, or above the spec standard it left the factory from your for the most part good to go.
Whether it be d&a, Palomar, Pride, etc etc etc once these amplifiers are restored and properly run correctly, and when I say run correctly I mean driven properly with a non heavily modified (or properly moded) CB radio, they are not only a pleasure to operate But can and in most cases last many years. Are you never going to have another issue once the restoration is done? Most likely not. Just like any communication gear (modem or not) one might eventually have a Problem pop up.
From the little bit that I read I believe most of these amplifiers operate class AB.
That's something that seems to be a big stumbling point when purchasing a transistorized amplifier.
Every single sweep tube amp I own sounds just as good on SSB as it does on AM (low drive 1/2-2 watts DK 8-15 pep 10-15 SSB.)
The people that probably understand where I'm coming from are most likely the ones who can repair their own equipment and own these types of amps.
I cannot repair anything related to the hobby myself. But after reading all the nightmarish stories about transistorized CB radio amplifiers I am of the belief that if you know someone who can bring these types of amplifiers back to or better yet above their original working state, go right ahead and buy one.
If you enjoy the hobby and never experienced a tube amplifier, purchase one.
If your soldering skills are good recapping one should be easy and certainly cheap enough.
The cost of the tubes used in most of these amps (and lack availability) will inevitably come up in many replies, but there out there.
Many sellers of tubes test for leak's, shorts, and strength.
Some of these sellers even offer a 30 money-back guarantees, and if you are good at soldering and have some skills at understandings schematics there are many sites that will tell you which $60 tube Can be substituted with a $12 tube
. As I mentioned earlier some knowledge is of course a good thing but with all the knowledge in its totality right here on this
fourm I believe many of you can pull this off with the help of your friends right here. If you look long enough you just might find one that has already been restored 2 or above its original condition. There are people out there who know what they're doing. Not everyone is a golden screwdriver. Of course one must absolutely take care of due diligence. Ask lots and lots of questions and if there's something you think doesn't seem right and would like to call out a seller but aren't sure what exactly to ask him, just come right here and ask the geniuses (no a jab) they're truly are many genius scenes in the field of radio communications that are always happy to answer any question you might have or would like to ask a particular seller. This is of course just my two cents.
73 PS. Something tells me I'm going to get blasted For this post. But one has to be willing to take a beating sometimes for what they believe in.20170809_002534.jpg

Just trying to understand the meaning of tire kickers, where I came from tire kickers where generally seen as those who for example come check your car you are selling, rev the shit out of it and generally waste time. ....

Basically the same thing, the term originated with people looking at cars but has expanded to cover other stuff. It generally refers to anyone looking at anything for sale without really being serious about buying it.

Usually this is just a waste of the sellers time but in the case of an illegal amp builder there could be more going on. The tire kicker could be some kind of investigator fishing for information, for this reason they would have to be very careful not to give out too much info.

Reactions: Randall barton

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.