• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

X Force incredible screw up

Is their TNT line entry level of the model line up? Whats TS by the way?

Not wanting to sound like a dick, sometimes words don't come over well when typed. You mentioned they treated you well, anything to do with being a staff member of this forum by any chance? Cheers ;-)
TS = Texas Star.
Being treated good from my point of view has nothing to do with this forum.

Reactions: wavrider
Care to explain ?

Your Stryker 955 is a high powered radio. You CANNOT run it with a Texas Star 667, you will blow the crap out of it after 2-3 key-ups. The 667 has a driver stage and is intended for low powered radio's.

You will need at least a 4 or 6 pill amp with that radio. You will also have to back the variable power down to a dead key and drive level that the amplifier can handle. If you must dead key 10-20 watts into an amp you will have to get an amplifier that can handle that much input.

I got a DX-500 a few years ago, needed no mod to run 11 metres.

All Texas Star amplifiers are sold as CW transmitters (wink wink). They must be converted to function as a linear amplifier. In your example the place you bought it from took care of this as part of the sale. This is why it was ready to talk when you received it.

Your Stryker 955 is a high powered radio. You CANNOT run it with a Texas Star 667, you will blow the crap out of it after 2-3 key-ups. The 667 has a driver stage and is intended for low powered radio's.

You will need at least a 4 or 6 pill amp with that radio. You will also have to back the variable power down to a dead key and drive level that the amplifier can handle. If you must dead key 10-20 watts into an amp you will have to get an amplifier that can handle that much input.

Yes, the "care to explain" was in reference to Undertaker's short statement which I was unsure of what he was saying. Thanks for the clarification. I am aware the DX500 is the high drive one needed for my application or thereof.

Last edited:
Looking at buying the Texas Star 667V or 500V from 7eighteenelectronics on ebay, thoughts?

They claim no warranty, risk right? EDIT. I think Ill pass as one has to be stupid to be buy something with no warranty priced at MSRP, right?
I'm not sure but if my memory serves me right no CB (11 meter) amplifier seller's offer any type of warranty. Maybe some offer a warranty of some sort but never on the transistors/pills.

Ive learned something quickly, the linear 11 meter scene is really sleezy! LOL

That's how I took undertaker's post that said "be careful". You're looking to buy an amp with cheap in mind. That alone makes you an easy target. You will almost always get what you pay for but some expensive ham amps are crap for AM. Cbers have been burned buying name brand ham stuff and assuming it has to be better.

You're also trying to learn about this stuff and have watched some YouTube amp builders who claim they can improve things. Them installing heavy duty cables, resistors or other oversized components looks impressive but is often a waste and sometimes used to cover up issues they don't know how to fix. You really need a good BS filter when it comes to CB tech's and YouTube.

Reactions: LeapFrog
That's how I took undertaker's post that said "be careful". You're looking to buy an amp with cheap in mind. That alone makes you an easy target. You will almost always get what you pay for but some expensive ham amps are crap for AM. Cbers have been burned buying name brand ham stuff and assuming it has to be better.

You're also trying to learn about this stuff and have watched some YouTube amp builders who claim they can improve things. Them installing heavy duty cables, resistors or other oversized components looks impressive but is often a waste and sometimes used to cover up issues they don't know how to fix. You really need a good BS filter when it comes to CB tech's and YouTube.

I don't recall i ever mentioned anything about going "cheap".
Not unless anything other than a davemade ( chavvy name ) is going cheap, then I'm guilty .lol

I don't recall i ever mentioned anything about going "cheap".
Not unless anything other than a davemade ( chavvy name ) is going cheap, then I'm guilty .lol

When you asked about entry level amps and made the post about xforce being cheaper than a 3-500z ameritron amp I took it as you were looking for cheap watts. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Is their TNT line entry level of the model line up? Whats TS by the way?

Not wanting to sound like a dick, sometimes words don't come over well when typed. You mentioned they treated you well, anything to do with being a staff member of this forum by any chance? Cheers ;-)

Xforce 4 or 6 pill series base amps looked cheaper price wise than the ameritrons ?

When you asked about entry level amps and made the post about xforce being cheaper than a 3-500z ameritron amp I took it as you were looking for cheap watts. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Even as a relative newbie i understand the non Toshiba transistors cant reach 100W each, i think even rabbilambchop mentioned once that the Toshiba can do 100w each but for the purpose of harmonic and distortion they are best left not to exceed 60W each. Roll on chinese transistors then 50W stable each.

I think ill skip considering a Ham amp so yes cheaper cb amps it is ;-)

Even as a relative newbie i understand the non Toshiba transistors cant reach 100W each, i think even rabbilambchop mentioned once that the Toshiba can do 100w each but for the purpose of harmonic and distortion they are best left not to exceed 60W each. Roll on chinese transistors then 50W stable each.

I think ill skip considering a Ham amp so yes cheaper cb amps it is ;-)
Quite the conundrum.

Have a friend who also bought a TNT 600HD a few months back, and something happened to it...he sent it back to them for a repair and when he got it back he said they charged him 50 bucks for it and the amp still wasn't repaired.....

He said he then sent it out to BBI and had it fixed and had a few other things changed in it, and says it works good for him now....

I had talked to one of the forum members over on there forum awhile back and he told me Carl wasn't there at XF anymore, and he sold out to one of the guys who worked there...

I have read on other forums about problems guys are havinwith the amps...
I wont never get another Xforce I got one 3years ago had problems with tried to get up with them was going to take it to them myself they wouldn't have any of that they wanted me to send it to them. they was supposed to get back with me on the cost and that was 3 years ago and I am still waiting, so I took it some where else to get it fixed, Hopefully it will be done later this week. this the second XF amp Ive owned the 4 pill did good all the way around this 6 pill never worked from day one.

I said be careful because you never know what you are going to get. My stryker 955 hp is one of the best radios I own. I have no need for an amp. Everytime I call CQ I always get a response............ Just sayin....I never said anything about you being cheap.. If that is how you took it my apologies my friend...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.