• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

XForce XT400

blaine

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 22, 2009
Picked this amp up today from a guy I work with,as you can see it is labeled x400 but according to the inside it is a xt400.Also it is inscribed on the inside with
Bumpy 3/02 I have since learned he worked for xforce when they first started,I think he may have help start the business with Carl,but not positive.The only testing I was able to do was power it up,the light comes on and the fan comes on.The guy I got it off of,who is a friend of mine assures me it works as it should.The only blemish I can find is a hole that was drilled to the right of the power switch,he had a remote switch wired to it,I don't know why he didn't come through the back but anyway,I am waiting to here back from xforce as I was told by another member that they may possibly want it.But in the mean time I am open to all trade offers.Carls wife at xforce said the amp was most likely mislabled.
IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0060-1.jpg

IMG_0062-1.jpg

IMG_0063-1.jpg

IMG_0064-1.jpg

The x 400 is one sc2290 driving four sc2879's the xt400 is two driving four

It appears this amp is indeed working as it should,I don't know if the amp was mislabled or someone added the extra driver pill,I'm thinking now it was added.I pulled my tnt in the car,and put this in its place to test,with a three watt deadkey from my 2950 my meter is showing about a 425 or so deadkey,and swinging to about 950 or so.Does this sound about right for a 2x4? this was with amp dial on max. Open to all trade offers.I am not going to keep this amp because my power supply in the house won't run it,and I am very happy with my tnt.

here are some things I would trade for,ssb radios,base amp,or ham stuff,but still open to all offers,don't hesitate to make an offer,I got a really good price on this and am not gonna use it,bought it with trading in mind.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.