• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Xiegu G90 (repost in own thread)

20w but have not used it other than check the carrier. I have no doubt it has backward swing and the carrier should be set about 8w and swinging up to 20. If it can do 20w carrier we should be able to see 40 or 50w on SSB one would think...

I read somewhere that it has dual 20 watt finals? I don't know how they are configured but somebody will figure out how to put a set of Golden Screwdrivers to work in one I bet & soon if not already & I have not read about it yet.I would leave it as is but some folks will never do that.If it did a Kilowatt they would be looking for 10 more watts like it would make any difference one way or another.

SIX-SHOOTER

I read somewhere that it has dual 20 watt finals? I don't know how they are configured but somebody will figure out how to put a set of Golden Screwdrivers to work in one I bet & soon if not already & I have not read about it yet.I would leave it as is but some folks will never do that.If it did a Kilowatt they would be looking for 10 more watts like it would make any difference one way or another.

SIX-SHOOTER

Not sure, but I thought I read that the transistors were rated higher. Regardless, plenty of headroom.

Reactions: binrat
Got my Bioenno battery today. Dug out my El Cheapo Powerpole distribution panel. Double sided tape holds it nicely. Just waiting on my portable 10-80 vertical. Build a couple wires. Dug out my old straight key. Getting ready to break the G90 in. View attachment 31224 View attachment 31224 View attachment 31225 View attachment 31226
Oh, that will never work. I will be kind enough to properly dispose of it free of charge. Please box it up before trying and mail it to me...... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sweet setup, should yield tons of fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudfoot
I think the original DC lead is sufficient but seems light due to single wires. If it was a joined wire with slightly thicker insulation it probably be more acceptable. Just odd they made the case so bloody heavy and went light on the DC. I wouldn't be surprised if you could drive a car over the case with minimal damage.
My DC lead looks like that above also!

Reactions: Woody-202
Yes, it's sufficient, but the jacket seems cheap. I wouldn't trust it to withstand repeated coiling and uncoiling. It's just junky quality.

I just came off a 2 hour local ragchew on 10 meters. Everyone was VERY impressed with my transmit audio. It appears to have hot audio. They didn't believe I was running 20 watts. One dude fancies himself as an audio geek. He couldn't believe the hand mic sounded so good. Haven't had any bad audio reports on it yet. Initially, I had mostly OCD worries about the mic, but I do like it. Just about every command you need, is at your fingertips.

I hope they continue to build upon this unit. More importantly, I'm interested in what else they bring to the hobby.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?