• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FL-2100B

May 20, 2019
I have a 2100b i ran with my Yaesu 101. Tried too run it last night with my mini scout, behind my Browning's. Made the transformer buzz. What is the max AM drive can you put in it safely. Jim/238

Made the transformer buzz.

burning-electrical-wiring-electrical-outlet-faulty-wiring-causes-fires-poor-old-wiring-causes-fire-electrical-outlet-156485647.jpg

Reactions: AudioShockwav
I am running about 25 watts, any thing more makes the transformer buzz. So i can assume the transformer is ok? It only buzzes if i put 40 + watts in it, so i will not do that again. Next project is a Heathkit SB 200. Jim/238

I am running about 25 watts, any thing more makes the transformer buzz. So i can assume the transformer is ok? It only buzzes if i put 40 + watts in it, so i will not do that again. Next project is a Heathkit SB 200. Jim/238
It has the same tubes, drive requirements and output power as the 2100.

Reactions: BJ radionut
Sounds like the 2100b would be good behind a black radio. Would make a good driver for a big box. Jim/238

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.