• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu ft757gx

yaesu ft 757gx

can any one tell me a honest tec who will ck my yaesu ft757gx and fix as needed i just bought this radio but i thank it's over my head right now please i need some help

can any one tell me a honest tec who will ck my yaesu ft757gx and fix as needed i just bought this radio but i thank it's over my head right now please i need some help

Sounds like you might want to download and read the manual before you do anything else. The 757 is a good radio, but as was stated earlier, HF rigs are not like a cb, and you need to know how to run one before you use it. Might not be anything wrong with it.

This is where I send my stuff to if its to big of a job or I cant figure it out Ive had great luck with them.

Burghardt Radio Repair Inc[
/QUOTE]

Please clarify what you mean in regards to AM and FM radio stations. I am thinking of the standard AM band at 530-1710 KHz and FM at 88-108 MHz.

The FT-757GX will receive standard AM radio stations but NOT standard FM stations. Do you mean it only works in AM and FM mode but does not work in USB, LSB or CW modes?

dont listen to these guys a 757 is a great radio.one of the only transistor ham radios that sound great out of the box on am.

aesham.com fixes radios

good luck 73s

Usually a CB radio goes to a "tech" while amateur radios go to a dealer or authorised service center for repairs due to the complexity of the circuitry involved. It helps to have factory trained techs do the work.

I tried helping him I guess Im not sure what hes really after or looking for. As far as amateur equipment a CB shop is not going to fix it and if they happen to you can bet on its not done correctly. These CB / export radios and Amateur HF radios are 2 totally different animals as stated it takes an experienced tech that knows HF equipment to tackle them.

im sorry what i want is some company or person to ck this radio and repair as needed i dont know any ham operaters to talk to see if it's working ok just when i get my ticket ill b ready to go i just learning about bands opening and things it just i found it's hard to find some one to look at it i understand thag get $75.00 a hour so -b- it ill learn i just need time im a old man just learning and no who to thlk to im sorry

Ok Gotcha the reason I mentioned Burghardt Amateur center was because their really good with these older radios and alot of shops wont even mess with the older rigs.

Burghardt is also very quick and they will call you and explain whats wrong

wonderful that's all i needed someont reliable to count on idont know if you know about i been on cb since later 1958 more off than on than on my radio is a browning golden eagle mark 111` i bought in 1966 only 1 man has ever opened it up i always wanted to expand to ham could not afford or take the time now im retired tr. diver nascar winston cup trans port driver i started out in the shop, i was privite pilot lost my medical and also no medical to tr. im not really entirely stupid regard-less what my x-y-l- y says chased me till she got me wore the pertty off now she's stuck 73's carl

I will try to restate.

Don't do anything until you have downloaded the manual and read it cover to cover. Twice.
It will explain how to set the radio up, settings... etc. and how to see if it is working. You need the manual!!!

You dont even know that there is a problem with the radio.

Start at start, and good luck.

i took the manual went step by step this ole radio seems to receive even if i cant hear ham people talking but i have tried dead keying it on differant frq and no tx at all that is why i thank something's wrong would you tell me in your onp. what kind of radio i need a whare to go to buy it in the 4-6 hundred price range more or less i just don't think i should keep spending if this one want make me happy i know ill listen more than talk but i enjoy listen to guys on lsb on ch 38 11 meter my radio want seem to talk on side band but i enjoy list. thanks carl

Well, several things here. If it receives anything, it will receive on all bands. Sideband does not have a deadkey.( carrier) So it wont show anything when you key. Also, dont key up into anything but a 50 ohm dummyload. You will both be breaking the law and probably blowing the finals. As was stated earlier in the thread, ham radios are NOT plug and play like a cb, and you have to know how to operate one to get anything from it. You would be best off to find someone with experience to check it out for you before you condemn it. The 757GX is a good little radio. They also work pretty well on AM. Buying another radio wont do you any good until you know that this one is beyond hope. Most any ham should be able to hook it up correctly and check it out for you. Do a search on qrz and find a ham close to you, make a phone call and see if he would be willing to elmer you. If you were close to me, I know I would be more than willing to help you out.

Carl, if you're trying to talk on 38 LSB and the radio has no transmit, that is normal. The radio has not be unlocked to transmit outside of the hams bands. As I recall the 757 has a switch inside behind the front panel. Simply pressing this switch unlocks the transmitter.

no i dont want to do that i have a exelent cb radio browning golden eagle mark 111 i want to go ham for the challange i know a ham radio tec. x town i dont know him other than name im going to pay him to ck it out but i dont know if i want him to work on it thanks guys im learning real fast im sorry this is all new to me and some over my head

i took the ol radio to in town ham radio tec he did not do any thing but tell me ethier it's beeh hooked up backwards and prob. not because it's got fp757 power supply most likely finals, etc he est cost $275.00 i dont know this man do you people thank that's right he said it will receive and still not tx im ready to throw it in the crap box any sug. aggervated

i hate to b so much trub but e may is forceing the seller of this radio to return my money would someone please suggest the kind of radio i should look 4 and any idea's to buy fr. this is all new to me and ME-DONT UNDERSTAND IM GOING TO LOCAL CLUB MEETING AND INTERDUCE MY SELF BUT I WOULD LIKE SOMETHING TO TELL THEM IM WANTING IF I DONT BUY ONE FIRST THANKS FOLKS THE HELP

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.