• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350AR

I have the 1.3 update and when I set it to monoband my radio does not beacon or receive packets from other stations.... I have the APRS set up on the left I have a lock of 7 sat's. Any ideas as to what the issue is?

Did you accidentally turn the APRS Modem off?

I figured it out.... I was using the G4HFQ software. As soon as I did an APRS Reset and hand programmed the aprs settings everything started working fine. I could transmit and receive beacons while in monoband mode. Not sure why, but thats what was going on.

Well I am going to buy the FTM-350AR this week, hopefully there is a dayton "special price".

I need a navigation system in my car so I was going to buy the AVMAP G6 if it will work with the 350??????

Maybe ill start a new thread on this

I need a navigation system in my car so I was going to buy the AVMAP G6 if it will work with the 350??????

Maybe ill start a new thread on this

Well you will be out of luck interfacing the AVMAP G6 with the FTM-350. I sent a e-mail to the tech support department and they said that it will be incompatable with the 350. I had the same idea as you. The g6 will only with Kenwoods. Sorry.

Hello from Russia!

Where to download new firmware? there do not have this
main 1.5
panel 1.1 :eek:

My friend recently bought FTM-350AR
attachment.php

73!
RZ3DHN

Hello from Russia!

Where to download new firmware? there do not have this
main 1.5
panel 1.1 :eek:

My friend recently bought FTM-350AR

73!
RZ3DHN

I looked on the qrz.rz site through the friend link that you provided. The answer to your question was right there. Here is the image from UN7ZL: http://forum.qrz.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=51659&d=1307783309

The label (if it is from the radio in question) shows that it is the USA version. Now you know what firmware to download. Hope this helps. Here is the link to the Yaesu pdf file that explains the model identification: http://www.yaesu.com/downloadFile.cfm?FileID=6345&FileCatID=42&FileName=FTM%2D350RE%20Software%20Update%20Procedure%201%2D10%2D11.pdf&FileContentType=application%2Fpdf

Got it. It works!

Got my Gtrans cable with 8-din already on there. Radio set on 4800 bps in packet mode. Right away favorites list began to populate. No change in any added messaging functions but maybe my firmware is too old or gtrans doesn't do that. Either way. It works !

From what've read the GTRANS cable does not put the Nuvi 350 into FMI mode so we won't get messaging on the Nuvi's screen. I have mine in Waypoint mode and it populates as well. Seems a little slow at times to get a lock after starting the vehicle but I don't think it's a cable thing.

I've been waiting for an update to this thread... From what I understand, the Gtrans cable plugs into the data jack on the base of the 350AR?

If so, this poses a problem for me as my radio is mounted in the trunk. I would have to redo a lot of the work I have already done during the install to run another cable.

What are the cable requirements? I do have a spare Cat-3 cable that is already run which I never used for anything. Don't ask. :)

Also, is viewing APRS data on a separate GPS unit worth it?

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person
I think at least 5 of 8 pins are used in the GTRANS cable (for the FTM-350). And it does plug into the back of the radio. As for the necessity of being able to view other stations on the Nuvi, I think it's a subjective thing. I already have the Nuvi, didn't want to spend the extra money on the the built in GPS unit. I like it, kind of cool to see where other station might be. Sort of like having aprs.fi in your vehicle.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.