1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Yaesu FTM-350r mod - first on the internet!

Discussion in 'Yaesu' started by Moleculo, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

It's not gossip because the repair notes from Yaesu tech support indicated that they did a firmware update when they returned the radio to me. And no, the mod doesn't increase the power output on 220mhz.

2. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

Mine doesn't do that. Do you have the U.S version or a different one? Maybe "UL" means "Unlocked"?

3. richardyoo

richardyoo Member

I just got mine flashed as well... so definitely not gossip

4. VanGoghGo

VanGoghGo Member

"UL" Indicator Appearing After Mod

Definitely the US version, and yes, it looks like it means the PLL is going "unlocked". Sometimes, it appears that both RX's are working, but then I'll tune one side to a different band, and then only the selected rxvr will work while the other side goes "UL". If I select the "UL" side then it goes into lock and receives while the other side goes "UL" and stops receiving. It's not always just when I tune one side or the other "out of band", but it usually happens that way.

I contacted Yaesu, and they will only send info on their "official" mod if I send a copy of my MARS/CAP license. Otherwise they cannot discuss the issue.

5. cdine

cdine Member

Another one down..

Hey @Moleculo and all - thanks for the info! I received my radio yesterday and did this quick mod first thing and it worked like a charm.

I took a before photo to share as some of my components have different part numbers, but essentially everything is the same it seems. No after pic as it's not too exciting of a difference :)

[​IMG]

Hope this is possibly useful for someone! Click the photo to go to it's Flickr page, where you can find a higher res version if you want more detail (1580x1636px)

2 people like this.
  6. david77

david77 Member

I was wondering if you do this mod were you still able to do the software flash? Any issues since you have done the MOD?
    Thanks for a great service Molecule!

7. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

Yep, software updates work fine. I have not any any issues since performing this modification.

8. STL

STL Member

Narrow FM Transmit?

After mod, will the FTM-350R transmit on Narrow FM (N-FM), specifically in the VHF High band 136-174 mHz?

9. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes.

10. maansman

maansman Member

Has anyone tested any mod that can RX in the 46.00 range? Damn....this thing has such great RX ranges, why the heck do they leave this range out? I want to monitor FD, which is low band.

- Mark

11. ftm350r

ftm350r Member

This mod does NOT work on e.u versions of the radio with v.1.3 firmware.
    It only let your recieve 220m band only on tx on some parts of the other bands.
    I have wasted a whole afternoon on removing and putting these links back

avoid !

12. dave_jackson1

dave_jackson1 Member

Cross band with Mod

Hello, Sorry for hijacking the thread a little. I have a question if you do the mod can you use the cross band on the 156. freq. To simply the problem I would like to use my truck as repeater for a couple of handheld marine band radios in the field. I was thinking that the cross band repeater function in the radio could be used for this. Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    -Dave

13. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

This mod has not been tested on a EU model radio as I don't have one.

Yes, the radio will crossband repeat on any frequency that it can TX on.

14. jeutaw

jeutaw Member

Mod on FTM-350AR

Has any one tested this mod on the FTM-350AR?

15. Happy_Hamer

Happy_Hamer Administrator
    Staff Member

I will be purchasing the AR version this week I hope from Dayton, I will be trying the mod