• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350r mod - first on the internet!

This is reply of 409shop about FTM-350R firmware upgrade:

"We just ask the Yaesu Company whether the firmware is upgrade or not. And they only reply to us that they do not have announced that FTM-30R have fireware upgrade, it just a gossip"

What about ?

Thanks !

It's not gossip because the repair notes from Yaesu tech support indicated that they did a firmware update when they returned the radio to me. And no, the mod doesn't increase the power output on 220mhz.

:oops: Oh, oh.... well I think I did it right, and indeed the radio is transmitting above 150 Mhz, but do you get a little flashing "UL" that moves between the 2 transceivers and stays flashing on the side that is not currently selected? What might that mean? I can't find it in the little manual.

Mine doesn't do that. Do you have the U.S version or a different one? Maybe "UL" means "Unlocked"?

It's not gossip because the repair notes from Yaesu tech support indicated that they did a firmware update when they returned the radio to me. And no, the mod doesn't increase the power output on 220mhz.

I just got mine flashed as well... so definitely not gossip

"UL" Indicator Appearing After Mod

Mine doesn't do that. Do you have the U.S version or a different one? Maybe "UL" means "Unlocked"?

Definitely the US version, and yes, it looks like it means the PLL is going "unlocked". Sometimes, it appears that both RX's are working, but then I'll tune one side to a different band, and then only the selected rxvr will work while the other side goes "UL". If I select the "UL" side then it goes into lock and receives while the other side goes "UL" and stops receiving. It's not always just when I tune one side or the other "out of band", but it usually happens that way.

I contacted Yaesu, and they will only send info on their "official" mod if I send a copy of my MARS/CAP license. Otherwise they cannot discuss the issue.

Another one down..

Hey @Moleculo and all - thanks for the info! I received my radio yesterday and did this quick mod first thing and it worked like a charm.

I took a before photo to share as some of my components have different part numbers, but essentially everything is the same it seems. No after pic as it's not too exciting of a difference :)

Hope this is possibly useful for someone! Click the photo to go to it's Flickr page, where you can find a higher res version if you want more detail (1580x1636px)

Reactions: 2 people
I was wondering if you do this mod were you still able to do the software flash? Any issues since you have done the MOD?
Thanks for a great service Molecule!

I was wondering if you do this mod were you still able to do the software flash? Any issues since you have done the MOD?
Thanks for a great service Molecule!

Yep, software updates work fine. I have not any any issues since performing this modification.

Narrow FM Transmit?

After modification, the transmit range is as follows:

136-174 Mhz
222-225 Mhz (unchanged)
420-470 Mhz

After mod, will the FTM-350R transmit on Narrow FM (N-FM), specifically in the VHF High band 136-174 mHz?

Has anyone tested any mod that can RX in the 46.00 range? Damn....this thing has such great RX ranges, why the heck do they leave this range out? I want to monitor FD, which is low band.

- Mark

This mod does NOT work on e.u versions of the radio with v.1.3 firmware.
It only let your recieve 220m band only on tx on some parts of the other bands.
I have wasted a whole afternoon on removing and putting these links back

avoid !

Cross band with Mod

Hello, Sorry for hijacking the thread a little. I have a question if you do the mod can you use the cross band on the 156. freq. To simply the problem I would like to use my truck as repeater for a couple of handheld marine band radios in the field. I was thinking that the cross band repeater function in the radio could be used for this. Any thoughts?
Thanks
-Dave

This mod has not been tested on a EU model radio as I don't have one.

Hello, Sorry for hijacking the thread a little. I have a question if you do the mod can you use the cross band on the 156. freq. To simply the problem I would like to use my truck as repeater for a couple of handheld marine band radios in the field. I was thinking that the cross band repeater function in the radio could be used for this. Any thoughts?
Thanks
-Dave

Yes, the radio will crossband repeat on any frequency that it can TX on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated