1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Yaesu FTM-350r mod - first on the internet!

Discussion in 'Yaesu' started by Moleculo, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

It works.

2. Adrian Ramirez L

Hello from Costa Rica. Yes, I made the mod as Moleculo said on my FTM 350 AR and it worked just fine

3. kf7mmx

kf7mmx Member

Thanks for the writeup! Worked on a shiny new 350AR, and wow was my heart beating with the thoughts of breaking it in the back of my mind... (I haven't SEEN a soldering iron since jr. high shop class, and let's just say we never touched anything even remotely as small as that resistor...)

Up and running after a quick download/re-upload of the config from the radio.

4. GBV

GBV Member

I use FTM 350AH it is used in Japan. It will be like

5. Riopecos

Riopecos Member

350AR Mod reprogramming.

I'm considering the 350 and described mod. Once modified, will the programming software allow you access to the extended tx freqs or do they have to be input directly into the radio? Same question for the vx8 dr. Thanks.

6. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry, missed this question.

You can put the frequencies in using either software or direct entry on the radio. Same with the VX8

7. 4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi Member

This is great info. Anyone know if this works on the FTM-350AR? I have ordered the AR and should be here by the end of the week. Just wanna make sure this is still relevant.

Appreciate everyones time and input.

Thanks

8. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes. They're the same radio. The AR has the firmware updates from the factory and a different mounting bracket.

9. TB2012

TB2012 Member

I just picked up an FTM 350 AR. Any way you could detail how you did it since it's differnet from the R??? Thanks

10. TB2012

TB2012 Member

Any idea how to ID the corrrect location on the 350 AR?

11. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

They're the same radio internally. The firmware on the AR is updated (you can update the R version to the same firmware) and the AR comes with a different bracket. The mod is the same.

12. TB2012

TB2012 Member

I wish I could agree but there is a big difference from the the initial post. I am trying to find like components but.....If I take a picture, you want to look? I will anyway.

13. TB2012

TB2012 Member

Got It

#43 TB2012, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  14. Se7en

Se7en Well-Known Member

what is the little switch inside on the front left corner? ....

its switched to normal but if you flip it it says prG on the circuit board... here comes a photo....:

#44 Se7en, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  15. Se7en

Se7en Well-Known Member

[​IMG]