• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yesterday at work..Not for the weak stomachs

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
While doing a coolant flush on a 2005 Chevy diesel the coolant machine coupler cracked spraying me with hot coolant.
ouch 1 (640x480) (640x480).jpg
ouch 2 (640x480) (640x480).jpg

Yes it hurts. I am slow to type due to left hand chicken pecking only! Thought some of you may want to see this. It also got the right side of my head and neck with 1st-2nd degree burns but these pics are the worst of it.

By the way yes I'm seeing a doctor and these pics where taken before cleaning and wrapping. I am now a mummy on my right side.:(

Nice 1st degree burn there, with some 2nd mixed in.

I have some 2nd/3rd on my right hand from a poly based hot melt glue distribution machine. Makes it a bitch to get my fingerprints done!

For God's sake listen the Dr. With all the nasty infections running around these days, you can not be too careful.

I hope you heal fast. That makes me hurt to see it.

man!

you lucky it didn't get in your eyes! That is going to take some time to heal. Best of luck and do the best to keep infection from setting in, that could be the worst.

silver sulphadizine cream....doctor should put you on something like KeFlex to prevent infection....NORCO for pain 10/325 1 tab every 6 hours should do it.......Vicodine has to damn much Tylenol in it and it is bad for your liver.
Keep them clean and dry no showers for a while......... Skin grafts are always fun
I have been where you are at, I was working around steam lines one time .......
Listen to the doc and you should be ok.

Jeff

doc has me using silvadine cream 2 times daily and I have acetomenophin 900mg but have only taken 2 because I don't like sleeping all the time. This may sound crazy but it only hurts when I move my arm. Otherwise I can take it like it isn't even there. As for my ink, That Tat is my newest that I got in October of last year when I lost my Father to cancer it was my first concern when I got burnt. If any of this burn leaves a scar I will be getting a tattoo over it. I am off work with pay until I feel like going back but I want to go back now (wife says no). As for the vehicle running, with the power flush machine I was using it connects between the upper hose and radiator and when the thermostat opens it dumps hot coolant to a container and new coolant is pumped in from the machine into the radiator so the vehicle has to run to heat up and open the thermostat. When the flush was fully completed is when the fitting that goes into the upper radiator hose cracked and sprayed me.

I'm just bored out of my mind. I'm not one who can just sit and watch tv or do nothing. I've tried Dx but my 148 just ain't doing it. I have got a few contacts 300-500 miles away but no international although I hear it. I would hook up the amp but can't move it and wife tries to make me sit still!:(

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.