• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeticom Optima Display Issue

Well, I've been using my MKIII pretty heavy since the display issue. It has not blanked out again since. Just that one and only time.

I haven't had any other problems either. I just really wish it had CW. Oh, I thought the latest version was supposed to correct the signal meter. This one basically shows 30 over on everyone like my old MKII did. No big deal with that.

Mk3 display

That is good to hear Duster! We have heard no other issues with the display as far as I know from anywhere else.
There is no such thing as a re-badged MK3. The changes are just not that much to even warrent calling it Mk3. we were expecting a new board and a dot matrix display in the mk3. But didn't happen. You can buy those cheap Mk3's till the cows come home. They are the genuine article. All of the production runs get built and sold. The initial mk3 production run was 500 units. But the maker put the price up to us!!! And sells them himself in the US so cash in. it is good value at those prices...really good. if he hold the price down there he will sell heaps and good on him! I have a cre8900 and a optima and while I really want to like the cre the rx just get to me after a while...it starts to hurt. I am waiting on the M-8800's to come in and I hope they will not be similar but it seems that all of those pc , multicolour display clones are going to suffer from it till they design that RX stage differently (and reducing the RF gain won't cut it!).
The proof is in the eating as they say and it seems like the Stryker walked and the cre and the optima stayed?
There should be a new 70w (4x520) cobra 2148 clone appearing within the month and that may be better in the receive dept. We rested the early boards and they were really good. If I am not mistaken it has CW.
And a cheap 8900 (clone) is rumoured shortly as well.
An interesting start to 2013 but nothing dramatic and earth breaking that I know of....YET!

I'll be waiting on the new players to hit the streets. Yes, the 8900 is painful. The Stryker 955 was just as painful also. The Anytone 5555 isn't much better either, as it is also hard on the ears.

I hear the Anytone AT-6666 is around the corner. I expect it to address some bugs, but will probably have the same RX circuit.

I know someone at CRE reads this forum. I was specifically told not to post the RF circuit schematic they sent me to this forum or elsewhere.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.