• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeticom Optima Display Issue

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
My screen just started doing this. Checked power supply output and such, all is okay. I have to turn display off and on again to show correct screen.

Seems like it does it after it's been on a few hours. Anyone else having this issue.

2012-09-28_19-09-36_352.jpg

display

One of mine does that too...sometimes it can stay on for 24 hours and nothing and other times after 3-4 hours it will do that. Turn off and on to be normal again. Not quite sure what is doing it but it does not affect the working of the radio as far as I can see..just the display.
Once the power is recycled the display is normal once more.

rgds,
dave

I see the version 3 radios being advertised as having this issue addressed and corrected. Claim it was a result of PLL instability.

Is this a warranty fix for current version 2 owners?

So, your saying that a DEFECTIVE display issue in my 6 month old radio is nothing to worry about?

If it was a non issue, then why address this problem and correct it in a later version?

The defective display issue in my radio and your non support has effectively reduced the resell value of my unit.

I imagine just about any other manufacturer would correct a defect such as this.

Makes me wonder what else would NOT be covered under warranty.

Guess I'll relegate my Yeticom Optima to the turd pile at the next hamfest.

Screenshot_2012-11-30-02-13-02.png

Last edited:
I think it takes 2 seconds to turn off and on again so take the time to do it. Mine has never had that issue and in the cooler time of the year(now) I never turn mine off.

It's a defect that I find annoying and unacceptable.

Would you flip your newish Icom, Yaesu, Kenwood, Magnum, RCI, Stryker or any other rig for that matter, on and off, to clear the issue? I doubt it.

Can you, or anyone else convince me that this is a benign issue. Can you also guarantee that it will not get worse or morph into something else.

Must have been a problem for some users, as this issue has a supposed fix with version 3. They say it's an unstable PLL. I don't want an unstable PLL. I would prefer a stable one. I didn't pay big money to be a beta tester.

Last edited:
It's a defect that I find annoying and unacceptable.

Would you flip your newish Icom, Yaesu, Kenwood, Magnum, RCI, Stryker or any other rig for that matter, on and off, to clear the issue? I doubt it.

Can you, or anyone else convince me that this is a benign issue. Can you also guarantee that it will not get worse or morph into something else.

Must have been a problem for some users, as this issue has a supposed fix with version 3. They say it's an unstable PLL. I don't want an unstable PLL. I would prefer a stable one. I didn't pay big money to be a beta tester.

I'm with you on this one. Thats a warrenty issue, what a joke. I was going to pull the trigger on one of them, not now. Let'em rot on the shelves. Looks to be more junk radios these days comming from that end.

It does it almost daily. I turn my radios on in the morning when I get home from work. Usually, within 3 hours my display will lock up.

It's frequent enough to be a nuisance. The suppliers lackadaisical attitude towards the issue is equally annoying.

I don't see how that problem could not be covered by the warranty. An unstable PLL is obviously a defect. And turning the rig off and back on to get is to work right is unacceptable. Lack of warranty/customer support is also unacceptable.

Good luck and 73,
RT307

I can not believe that if you wrote Yetticom they would not take care of this. In fact there is a finde on you tube and the guy from Yetticom mentions the new and improved version and I think mentions this problem and says it is fixed on the new model. Keep us posted

It does it almost daily. I turn my radios on in the morning when I get home from work. Usually, within 3 hours my display will lock up.

It's frequent enough to be a nuisance. The suppliers lackadaisical attitude towards the issue is equally annoying.
Really?? If it was like once a month I would say "suck it up princess" but daily sucks way to much. I would e-mail Dave and try to make an arrangement for repair.

I can not believe that if you wrote Yetticom they would not take care of this. In fact there is a finde on you tube and the guy from Yetticom mentions the new and improved version and I think mentions this problem and says it is fixed on the new model. Keep us posted

Dave has already said that he will not honor the warranty ion this issue, see post # 5.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.