• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yikes!

What would you do?

• Run out the front door

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

paws264

Apr 6, 2005
Friday evening, myself, my wife and my son went out to dinner at a popular Chinese buffet restaurant. We got there at about 10:15 PM, the manager said not to worry that closing time was 11:00, we could stay and eat until we got ready to leave.

The buffet tables were filled with hot food and we were the only ones in the restaurant; the manager locked the doors at 11:00 PM and the staff started to break down the serving tables after they were assured that we were finished. We had loaded up our plates in prep for closing.

Picture the layout, large seating area surrounded booths in the front, buffet area in middle and a kitchen in the back. We were sitting in a rear booth on the edge of the serving area; you had to stand up to see the serving area and kitchen.

The manager and the staff are all Chinese so, the whole time we were there, there were conversations in Chinese between them. The whole time, only Chinese!

Suddenly, in the kitchen I hear a voice in English and it sounded like an argument or something. The restaurant staff doesn't seemed alarmed so I thought it was just the Dish-Tanker complaining. I, at this point, start to key into the conversation and I heard, "Don't Move, give me the money, empty your pockets too". I could not see over the back of the bench.

I peep over the divider and see a guy with a hooded sweat shirt, mask and long rifle/shotgun holding up the place. It seems that the guy waited for the place to close and then came in while they were taking out the trash.

I wondered how much of my jewelry and money I was going to go home with; for an instant, I wondered if I would make it home at all. My son saw the same thing that I did.

It was over in a flash, the crook never saw us; the back of the booth shielded us from sight. I told my wife it was time to go NOW, she said. "For what, I still have a plate full of Crab legs". She never even saw the robber or paid any attention to the noise.

Because she wanted to stay, we got caught up in the investigation and was stuck there for an hour before we could leave the parking lot.

If there's a moral to the story, it is this: Don't go out to restaurants near closing time, that's when they get robbed.

you did the right thing, i would not risk my family any further, now if I were alone in the resteraunt? UNLOAD

I'd have moved to a suitable position and ordered him to disarm and most likely put two rounds of .45 cal hollow point into his chest when he started to bring his weapon to bear. I just don't see any other way to get the message out that if you rob people and responsible gun owners are around then you will either go to jail or the corroners.But then thats the problem with this country as I see it. Everyone seams to think the police will protect them.

Chuck

CHARLEYMARBLES said:
I'd have moved to a suitable position and ordered him to disarm and most likely put two rounds of .45 cal hollow point into his chest when he started to bring his weapon to bear. I just don't see any other way to get the message out that if you rob people and responsible gun owners are around then you will either go to jail or the corroners.But then thats the problem with this country as I see it. Everyone seams to think the police will protect them.

Chuck

X2...

I have run into a few punks like described here, and they just don't think like us. You cannot reason or command them to do anything reasonable or not. They typically spend some time before doing such a thing fixing their minds on what they are going to do and being reasonable ain't one of 'em.

I say put a 45 in his body good and if that don't take care of him for the moment, then throw that 45 away and run. I still have my 45.

Your primary duty is to your family. I'd pull my weapon, and keep it ready in case the guy comes your way. If he does, no warning, no hesitation, 2 to the chest and if possible, 1 shot to the head in the eyes/nose region. Keep firing until he's down, or drops the weapon and runs away. IMO he has a rifle, so even if he starts running, he is still a potential deadly threat, he may be just buying some extra distance so he's got an advantage with the rifle.

Definitely do not chase him, that's not your duty, your duty as CCW holder is defend yourself and your family (and in some jurisdictions, you have the right to defend other people). He's threatening you with deadly force, which at least under the rules where I'm by, authorizes you to utilize deadly force in order to stop the threat.

Sandman I agree FAMILY FIRST!!! However if you read it carfully I cover that in the part of taking an approprate position. I have many many years of training and this is the first thing you want to do family present or not as it affords you the chance to gain a surviveable position. But as a RESPONSIBLE gun owner you have to know as a criminal is more and more succesful they tend to become more and more brazin, and the last thing you want is to have to ask yourself when you are sitting in court looking at the man YOU COULD have stoped. Who is now on trial because he later robbed the restrant in mid day while one of your family members was there WITHOUT you and the perp. has shot and killed your loved one.
"WHY DID I NOT INTERVINE WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE?"

And just so folks know before I get grief NOONE who dosn't know me VERY closely has any clue that I hold a CCW. Let alone that I carry.Fact is I have held a CCW for the last decade and have NEVER had any need to draw my weapon for any reason outside of pratice on the range. Where I spend about 5 days a month because I feel if you are going to carry for defensive purposes you better KNOW EXACTLY where your rounds are going to impact.

I see you are in my neck of the woods so I'm sure you seen the news about the 2 flint cops who shot and killed the woman at a trailer park. Sad thing is they between the 2 of them fired 8 rounds and hit her ONCE ! ! ! she was by their estimates 4 to 6 FEET! ! ! from them! ! ! ! And the sad thing is it is very common for cops to MISS! !

Anyways enuff of my ranting good day to all:)

Chuck

Happy_Hamer said:
you did the right thing, i would not risk my family any further, now if I were alone in the resteraunt? UNLOAD
same here

Now if he happen to see us a come over to where we were sitting my trusty Colt Delta Elite 10mm under the table would have been Barking its A$$ off into the guy

If I encountered a situation like that, my instincts would be to revert to my training...2 in the chest, 1 in the head.

Of course, you have to size up the situation, such as what is down range of the target, your position regarding cover and concealment, and the general overall risk to innocent people in harm's way.

Oh yeah...and you probably have less than a second to do all that, and make a decision.

Glad no one was hurt in your incident.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.