• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Young Andrew's first kill (with pic)

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
This past Sunday, my buddy Greg & I went up to his local hunt club to look around for some dove. Greg's 5 year old son Andrew came along as well (a grown man couldn't hold him back!). We weren't really doing any serious hunting but we did bag a few birds. After we got back to the lodge, we did a little plinking with the Mini-14 and then started to pack up. While Greg and I were getting our gear together on the back deck of the lodge, little Andrew was messing around below us with his Daisy BB gun, shooting a few cans and plastic bottles. We weren't paying much attention to him.

All of the sudden, Andrew comes running out from under the deck shouting, "Daddy! Daddy! I GOT him! I GOT him! I shot the bird!!!". We looked at each other, shrugged and went, "huh?" "Daddy! There's a bird under there and I GOT him!", Andrew kept declaring while jumping around. Greg looked down at his son and said with eyes rolling, "Hammer (Andrew's nickname), there are no birds under the deck." But Andrew insisted that there was and that he had bagged him. I decided to walk down the steps of the deck to take a look and have Andrew show me what all the excitement was about.

When I got down and looked, Andrew was scurrying back under the deck with his Daisy BB gun toward a quail that was obviously stunned toward the rear of the deck. "He's still alive", I said, which prompted Andrew to quickly raise his BB gun to his shoulder, put the muzzle point blank on the bird and pull the trigger. As I called over to Greg to come down and see this, I couldn't contain my laughter! Andrew had found a quail that had escaped from the club's pen, cornered it, and instantly turned into a fearsome hunter! Andrew then grabbed the bird that he had dispatched and brought it over for all to see: his first kill!

Here is Andrew, 5 years old with his trusty Daisy BB gun and the quail that made the mistake of crossing his path. It will now be enjoyed for dinner by the mighty hunter!

Attachments

• IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 124

wow, great shot with the daisy. my old daisy was not very accurate. instead of minute of angle, we measured it in minute of milk jug, lol.

Natural born killer :LOL:

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." barrack obama

He may have some competition there.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.