• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

your favorite CB myth , lies and legends .

I've got the burn marks on top of my truck from running a 16pill on a quad magnet mount setup that says drilling the hole was in fact a better option.

137 is correct. If running power... and you value the paint job on your vehicle, NEVER run a linear on a magnet mount antenna. I had a customer stop by my place and he has a nice ring around the magnet on his pickup. Turns out he was running a TS350V and it burned right thru the paint. Didn't have an SWR issue, but needless to say, he's got a nice bald spot on the rooftop now. LOL

~Cheers~

My alltime favorite myth is that on ssb its often said that i,m off freq when in actuality your the one that is off freq.

thank you... there is this local guy that is on 38L, almost every night and he always says... "My equipment is dead on frequency... you need to have your stuff checked out..."

never mind that mine is aligned... and his is a galaxy

I like how when they are talking about Xforce amps (and similar) being used on SSB they say, "you need to install a bias in yer amp... thatll geterdone"

never mind that the bias is not really something you walk around with but rather a collection of parts in a certain configuration and how they are feeding the transistors or tubes

and then what type of bias? they never mention that

A, AB, B, C...

Last edited:
Sure the Sirio Ganmaster is a good antenna but this is as good as Adam's best shit-talk.

xxxxxxxxxxx, on 15 October 2011 - 07:12 PM, said:

From all the test i do switching back and forth between the to is 1/2 or 1 s .....i would say it will whoop the snot out of a 3 element all day long i don't care what the propagation is but it will give a 4 element a run for its money... i have a guy 1 1/2 miles from me on a 3 and this antenna whoops him all day long and he has never got past my gainmaster...

Last edited:
never?
you frequent the wrong forums,
i have drawn circuits and helped people put different types of bias circuit in their class C amps (y)

I like how when they are talking about Xforce amps (and similar) being used on SSB they say, "you need to install a bias in yer amp... thatll geterdone"

never mind that the bias is not really something you walk around with but rather a collection of parts in a certain configuration and how they are feeding the transistors or tubes

and then what type of bias? they never mention that

A, AB, B, C...

Biggest myth i heard. i bought this )*(&^*)& radio ill &*()^)&* talk wherever the *&^&*)& i want to ass8--0 . Thats what was told to me on the 10 meter band on 28.325 am the other day . They was even dumb enough to tell me who they worked for and their names . LOL I loved sending that recording off to the FCC .. Keep the Dang blasted F Bombs and the Illegal CB's the hell off the Ham Band's
Wow, if this kind of language and attitude is what you get outside of the C.B.world I'll just stay here on my 148 and also stay away from the "I recorded you and I'm telling"

I am sure this one was already covered but what the hell... "You need to git yer self a swang kit"

(NOTE: bad spelling was added intentionally)

thank you... there is this local guy that is on 38L, almost every night and he always says... "My equipment is dead on frequency... you need to have your stuff checked out..."

never mind that mine is aligned... and his is a galaxy

I think I talked to that guy a while back, TX'ing 700hz off frequency and he complains I am off freq even when I change my TX freq to match his. I am talking on a Kenwood and I got a counter, hes on a Galaxy go figure.
Funny shit was several other stations whom were part of the QSO were also, 700hz off. Its worse than trying to heard cats, especially when jackass like him is leader of the heard.

I think I talked to that guy a while back, TX'ing 700hz off frequency and he complains I am off freq even when I change my TX freq to match his. I am talking on a Kenwood and I got a counter, hes on a Galaxy go figure.
Funny shit was several other stations whom were part of the QSO were also, 700hz off. Its worse than trying to heard cats, especially when jackass like him is leader of the heard.

I get that all the time and they always had their radios aligned by a great truck stop tech.

I'm a kenwood fan too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.