• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

your favorite CB myth , lies and legends .

just sprinkle lil bit SALT at the base of the antenna you get out real good cott'n pikka LOLOL

147.435 FTW!

a myth i hear alot is that you can use base swrs in the mobile. how stupid to think that swrs that work high in the air can work in a mobile that is low to the ground.
but a better one is this one:
The only omni directional antenna that can beat ALL of the 5/8 waves is the Vector 4000. ....... The fact is there is no other omni antenna on the market that will provide more gain

but a better one is this one:
The only omni directional antenna that can beat ALL of the 5/8 waves is the Vector 4000. ....... The fact is there is no other omni antenna on the market that will provide more gain

why do you say that ? what omni will beat it consistently ?

i have a local who swears up and down im a mud duck unless i use a cb antenna like the Vector 4000. no thanks.

WOW :blink:

i found 3 good ones in a single post today .

1. "the guys that got out the best and had the loudest stations all had something in common 100' of RG8 coax to there antennas! I could give 10 reasons why but its not necessary, that works best for hearing and transmitting."

of course i posted asking for the 10 reasons . :w00t:

2 & 3 came in the same sentence .
"an the best coax is no longer made, it was R/S RG8 coax which was 66% shielded, but it was the loudest coax by far of them all."

%34 loss is not what i would consider bad coax let alone best . id call that horrible . :headbang

LOUDEST COAX :whistle::whistle::whistle:

My favorite CB myth?

" I can talk WHERE I want, WHEN I want."

Yeah right. So I guess on days when the band is closed everyone on the bowl decided to take the day off and THAT is why it's so quiet.

I have got to find me some of that there audio increasing coax to go with my extra loud audio producing antenna that I am going to connect to my 400W cobra 29 with the top secret unobtanium final in it.

Then I also will be able to talk where I want, when I want.

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

Reactions: Se7en
I have got to find me some of that there audio increasing coax to go with my extra loud audio producing antenna that I am going to connect to my 400W cobra 29 with the top secret unobtanium final in it.

Then I also will be able to talk where I want, when I want.

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

yea tried that.... then some guy with an hand talkie blew me away. well im still here and havent heard from the hand talkie since..:LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.