• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

your favorite CB myth , lies and legends .

The channel 19 "kiddies" in my area firmly believe that removing the modulation limiter will increase modulation 200% over a normal peaked and tuned radio.

I have to laugh every time they talk about it. And they talk about it frequently. Channel 19 where I live is pure entertainment! :LOL:

~Cheers~

I've heard the myths that CB radios with the weather bands don't get out like radios without the weather bands. I'm almost sure that's a bunch of bunk.

Another myth is people who refuse to run anything but a short little antenna thinking you need an amp to get out. What you REALLY need is a good well tuned antenna and you'll be surprised how much power 4 watts can get you.

4 watts will always get you 4 watts. Now a good antenna will allow that 4 watts to be more efficient and do more work for you.

My favorite from yesteryear is the "rock salt linear". My current favorite is that an antenna can give you "audio gain". :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.