• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

your favorite CB myth , lies and legends .

Its sea water until (processed) by distillation so it is produced by Mortons, typical misconception.

actually, my point was,..... why is it called SEA salt when it comes from the OCEAN:eek:

or, do they only get it from SEAS ,............ black sea, dead sea, ect:blink:

Sea salt vs. table salt: Which is healthier? - MayoClinic.com

Question

Sea salt vs. table salt: Which is healthier?
Is sea salt better for your health than table salt?

Answer
from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

Sea salt and table salt have the same basic nutritional value — both mostly consist of two minerals — sodium and chloride. However, sea salt is often marketed as a more natural and healthy alternative. The real differences between sea salt and table salt are in their taste, texture and processing, not their chemical makeup.

Sea salt is produced through evaporation of seawater, usually with little processing, which leaves behind some trace minerals and elements depending on its water source. These insignificant amounts of minerals add flavor and color to sea salt, which also comes in a variety of coarseness levels.

Table salt is mined from underground salt deposits. Table salt is more heavily processed to eliminate trace minerals and usually contains an additive to prevent clumping. Most table salt also has added iodine, an essential nutrient that appears naturally in minute amounts in sea salt.

By weight, sea salt and table salt contain about the same amount of sodium chloride. Your body needs only a couple hundred milligrams (mg) a day to stay healthy, but most people get far too much — mostly from sodium in processed foods. So regardless of which type of salt you prefer, keep sodium consumption between 1,500 and 2,300 mg of sodium a day if you're a healthy adult. People with high blood pressure, African-Americans and anyone middle-aged or older should aim for the low end of that range.

actually, my point was,..... why is it called SEA salt when it comes from the OCEAN:eek:

or, do they only get it from SEAS ,............ black sea, dead sea, ect:blink:

makes no difference, desalination is desalination. no need to split hairs about the fact they take salt from water which you can do yourself.

SALT was a decent movie. Angelina Jolie Pitt is easy on the eyes anytime
asiandra90n504.gif

In terms of geography, a sea is part of the ocean partially enclosed by land

gee, i guess no one told the SALTON SEA that:blink:

btw,... this is a radio forum,........................... how the heck did we get started talkin about salt?

It was about using salt to aid in ground radial contact to earth.

heres a good one i just read this morning .

Sparkys CB Shack Forum • View topic - LowPass Filter

using a filter to reduce high swr when using a amp :LOL::LOL::LOL: .

There might be an element of truth to that one Booty; If an amp is producing high levels of harmonics (which is quite possible when overdriving the snot out of one), the antenna will not radiate the harmonics as efficiently as the primary signal, and reflect part of the harmonic content back to the amp/swr meter. The meter will sample the reflected harmonics and show a higher swr reading. This is only one possible scenario for increased swr with the amp on, and it isn't even a good fix installing an LPF if that is the reason for the high swr, but it would keep the power mad people happy if they put the LPF between the meter and the antenna, because they still see their "happy watts" at the meter and also a low swr.

i was thinking something along those lines too when i gave it a lil more thought . but its not the right way to fix that problem . the right way is to reduce the power and/or modulation so you dont have those harmonics to start with . or fix/get a better amp/radio if its such a POS that it just can not TX on one band at a time .

So this is my first post here, thank you for having me.

So my question is all these salt related mods due awesome wonders. Then why aren't folks floating their radios in a bucket of salt water?

I bet you'd get so much power then you could make homing pigeons fly around in circles for miles!!! :D

Although in retrospect I wouldn't be able to communicate with my Dad any more. :rolleyes:

There might be an element of truth to that one Booty; If an amp is producing high levels of harmonics (which is quite possible when overdriving the snot out of one), the antenna will not radiate the harmonics as efficiently as the primary signal, and reflect part of the harmonic content back to the amp/swr meter. The meter will sample the reflected harmonics and show a higher swr reading. This is only one possible scenario for increased swr with the amp on, and it isn't even a good fix installing an LPF if that is the reason for the high swr, but it would keep the power mad people happy if they put the LPF between the meter and the antenna, because they still see their "happy watts" at the meter and also a low swr.

true but remember SWR is a RATIO

my favorite along these lines is installing a LPF reduces output power..my typical response is "no moron, it shows what you're really doing minus happy meter harmonics"

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.