• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Your guys favorite fiberglass antenna choices

Nick23

Desperado, 785
Aug 16, 2013
Bangor, ME
I have fiberglass Wilson silver load. All of a sudden I couldn't get my swrs down. Must have been from the antenna getting knocked off/ around to much. I like to run something a little less eye catching than my 10-k. What fiberglass antennas have you guys liked using?

If you are worried about looks then you have to take the consequences. 'Looks' and performance very seldom ever equal the same thing.
- 'Doc

Reactions: 2 people
I have fiberglass Wilson silver load. All of a sudden I couldn't get my swrs down. Must have been from the antenna getting knocked off/ around to much. I like to run something a little less eye catching than my 10-k. What fiberglass antennas have you guys liked using?
over the years ive used just about all of them and the wilson was definately the best.
your issues seem to either be from being knocked around or ground issues especially if
its 3.1.1 or higher on all 40 channels. also they WONT handle the advertised watts
maybe half at best, so could have put too many thru it. dont know what your set up is
though

I have run barefoot for the past 4 years. That can't be it... I had good swrs around 1.3 when I got it. Now I have 1.9/2.1. Its not the mount cause my 10-k works great on it. So I may get another Wilson or try a fire stick.

I always like the Wilson Silverload with the matching wire, they always seemed to perform well and match well.

What typically happens with a fiberglass antenna is that the small gauge wire wrapped around the mast breaks at the transition from the metal base to the fiberglass mast because that part flexes quite a bit.

If it just started, and you have no other reason; I would suspect the antenna has failed mechanically.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
antron mobile i believe these are re made as solorcon tri load or w90?

triple coil wound but thick like a firestik with clear coat wrap and a dv27 style sliding swr tip around 4-4.5 foot long needs a shock spring really but they work very well.

I have run barefoot for the past 4 years. That can't be it... I had good swrs around 1.3 when I got it. Now I have 1.9/2.1. Its not the mount cause my 10-k works great on it. So I may get another Wilson or try a fire stick.

try testing your coax.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated