• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Your Thoughts on an Imax 2000 + ground plane kit.

Unit 194 said:
King Mudduck said:
Maybe there is something to this ground plane thing after all.

I think there is...........

ya there is. its the missing 1/2 of the antenna. without the kit your coax is the other 1/2of the antenna. so with the kit you need to choke off the current fromt the coax its that easy.

with the kit your coax is still radiating. so you need to choke the coax off with a air balun or even better a 1:1 balun line feed choke. then ajust the radials to improve it even more. example: move them upto 90 degrees.

now then again when your done. doing it. your imax will cost over $200 dollars.

the reason the a99 is the most common in use today is that is dirt cheap and every cb shop has one for sale. i agree that it works and for the price its hard to beat. is not going to help you make friends with your neigbors

Carl said:
the reason the a99 is the most common in use today is that is dirt cheap and every cb shop has one for sale. i agree that it works and for the price its hard to beat. is not going to help you make friends with your neigbors

Well ,living in a well populated area never really helps out the (CB'ER) very much )-: I don't care what kind of antenna you use. In these cases , there are many factors when it comes to bleed over / TVI ..how's the radio tuned ? are you running power ? (what kind of power and is it anywhere near clean?) Good quility coax or run of the mill cheap $hit ? Grounding ? Filtering ? ect. ect. ect. Some guys have it made where the nearest houses to them are more or less then 100 yards away from them , in the city ,that's pretty much not going to happen )-: I myself over the years have had to deal with TVI and neighbors that were not happy people concerning my radio operations , (I've had a few letters in the mail box from your's truly) and it never really mattered what I did , so for many of you who do not have these types of problems concerning cb radio operations , I'd say you were very lucky. CB radio has got to be the dirtiest type of communacations that there is and TVI and bleed over go hand and hand. I can't count how many folks have come and gone from this hobby because of these reasons over the years. It either will work for you or it won't , you can spend all the money you want trying to clean things up and that doesn't always mean you will totally be successful )-: May the RF God's be with you. Peace

Sometimes the only solution is to try to intall filters on the equipment that is getting splashed, there is only so much you can do at the transmitter end. Once you have your station properly filtered/grounded, feedline updated, and you are running legal power, but still interfering with neighbors, you will have to convince them to install filters, ferrite beads or chokes, and that kind of thing on THEIR equipment.

Highlander_821 said:
Sometimes the only solution is to try to intall filters on the equipment that is getting splashed, there is only so much you can do at the transmitter end. Once you have your station properly filtered/grounded, feedline updated, and you are running legal power, but still interfering with neighbors, you will have to convince them to install filters, ferrite beads or chokes, and that kind of thing on THEIR equipment.

And when cb radio is concerned , man !! that stuff can truly be a pain the dairy air !! Mans got to do what mans got to do and also be willing to pay for the "consequences" there after.
Are "we" having fun yet ?

I-MAx 2000

The Lower section. Pretty strong winds this fall but nothing crazy. I came home from work and found it on the roof. The lower section exploded. I put a section of pvc over it to keep it up right for the time being until I get a new antenna. I am going to get a Maco 5/8 or a 10k.

the differents between 150.00 bucks or so , I've heard those 10Ks ,very nice (-: (if antenna's talked) Swear by those Maco's for about a C-Note !! Great antenna for the price.

Carl said:

...the other reason there are so many out there:
So many people are giving them away! :p ;)

rfoverlord said:
:D is what you look like after getting it up :cry: after you use it :x when you find out what you could have bought for the $$$
and it would work better

A-men.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.