• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

YouTube videos on cb and ham repair

Radio Tech

Radio Operator
Sep 9, 2008
North Carolina
www.gokarters.com
Back in 2012 I started a thread on another site about understanding how cb radio works. It has been a long thread and had a lot of fun with it. Over the past few months I started doing a few YouTube videos and thinking of expanding them a bit. Both cb and ham radio.

Topics to cover ;
• Understanding the radio layout
• Comparing the circuit layout to block diagram and schematic
• Identifying the receiver stages
• Identifying the transmitter stages
• Squelch, AGC, AMC, Noise blanker stages
• PLL fundamentals
• Basic troubleshooting
Each heading will have several sub-titles under them. Will most likely be a long process since most YT vids only last about 10 minutes each. Thinking about buying yet another camera to shoot vides with and work with some new rendering software. Also going to need to be able to change lenses from wide angle to macro.
Ideas on topics are welcome.

Like I said I done a few videos in my redneck way.........

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHJpeSrEjtVk1YtRU3FrpQQ

Working on setting up a better place in the shop to produce the videios and also add a few more cameras.

Other items of repair will also include test equipment

Reactions: Sideways and Robb

Good stuff radio tech. Ive read your thread you mention, very imformative. Thanks for taking the time. Looking forward to seeing more. I'm now subscribed:)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.