• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

0 Ohm resistor

Just for the point of argument.... Yes a zero ohm resistor is the same as a wire jumper but then again it is not!
Depending on the circuit used, a zero ohm resistor is used by design because a resistor can introduce other factors such as capacitance and inductance also to reduce 'noise' in logic circuits.
Use of a wire jumper will have less control on the function of a logic gate as in false triggering and timing. Because a resistor 'impedes' current flow, the 'triad' of capacitance, impedance and inductance is kept even when the resistance is zero.

73 mechanic

Even a straight piece of wire has inductance and capacitance. That is why VHF and up tuned circuits are nothing more than strip line sections of printed circuit traces and wire jumpers.

0=o, and with anything that conducts there is a resistance, sometimes not able to measure, but the formula to calculate resistance= v/a so pass enough current through any conductor, and measure the voltage drop across the length of the conductor, and boom! there ya have it (ohms) .........therefor no conductor has zero resistance!

So by definition there is no such thing , It's an oxymoron . However I'm being pedantic! we know what is meant . And in most case it is just a low ohm link.

Last edited:
???

Who is taking this "extreme exception"? What "extreme exception"?

I made a comment on the thread as a whole and incorporated different points of view. You replied with something in a way that appeared to be attempting to challenge what I said, however, it really didn't. I replied asking how what you said challenges what I said. I made no exception to anything you stated at any point. Or was it you that took "extreme exception" at something I said?

Either way I'm confused...

The DB

Some people take communication to such an extreme.

These same people take a dump and then quickly stand up to see which way the log rolls over.

Calm down, relax, breath in, count to ten. Make an appointment for your therapist. Or get drunk and get laid. Both cost about the same

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated