• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 meter contest this weekend

That's all good, but there are bigger fish to fry than Toddy. Seeing how the 275 and 313 wankers are still around, Laura has her dentures out cause her bite ain't working.

Reactions: 2 people
That's all good, but there are bigger fish to fry than Toddy. Seeing how the 275 and 313 wankers are still around, Laura has her dentures out cause her bite ain't working.

The wankers?

I'll guess here and say that you are talking about a few people from across our Southern border who are using export radios w/o a license and roger beeps and echo?

Oh yeah; I hear them from time to time too.
Don't think that Laura's bite extends across the border; but I can't blame her for that. Just poor relations between US and Mexico means she can't get it done. Bigger issues other than radio between the US and Mexico at this time.

Reactions: 1 person
The wankers?

I'll guess here and say that you are talking about a few people from across our Southern border who are using export radios w/o a license and roger beeps and echo?

Oh yeah; I hear them from time to time too.
Don't think that Laura's bite extends across the border; but I can't blame her for that. Just poor relations between US and Mexico means she can't get it done. Bigger issues other than radio between the US and Mexico at this time.

Thoughts?

I guess you are one of the fortunate yet uninformed ones if 275 and 313 do not ring a bell. Let me help 14.275 and 14.313. That help? :laugh:Another hint:14.275 has to do with your NORTHERN border in VE7 land. M42duster was just saying that there are bigger fish to fry on the bands than just Todd and the 10m band.

Reactions: 3 people
Funny thing is - I haven't heard hide nor hair of Tod in awhile.

I use 10m a lot too; has anybody heard him out there?

BTW - got Nova Scotia, New York, S/N Carolina and Florida 5/9 aboot an hour ago . . .

todd's still around, i'm in his e-skip range. have contacted him more then enough times since 4th of july, base & mobile. had no reason to mess with him (other then repeated contacts) cuz he actually seems a bit calmer, not blowing off the non-ten-tenners (me included). he's still 'quick' with the contact if not a member, but i haven't really heard him do anything that he's been accused of in the past.....

as for robb's BTW, 10m is dead here on the edge of the atlantic ocean right now, but maybe we'll hear you in there soon with the fall season just around the corner.

Coincidentally, 275 and up to 330 on the 10m band have non-licensed interlopers.

My dipole/20m has been down once again for alterations; so what is the gripe on 20M aboot?

Better check the keyboard Robb. That is the second or third time your "u" key has made an "o" when typing " about". :LOL: As for those frequencies I do not want to get into it here. Just Google them and sit back, strap in, and hold on for the ride. :laugh:

Message from KC4TVZ

todd's still around, i'm in his e-skip range. have contacted him more then enough times since 4th of july, base & mobile. had no reason to mess with him (other then repeated contacts) cuz he actually seems a bit calmer, not blowing off the non-ten-tenners (me included). he's still 'quick' with the contact if not a member, but i haven't really heard him do anything that he's been accused of in the past.....

as for robb's BTW, 10m is dead here on the edge of the atlantic ocean right now, but maybe we'll hear you in there soon with the fall season just around the corner.

davegrantsr- What is your callsign? I wish you would stop wasting my LIFE with repeated non 10-10 day after day after week and week, hi hi. NO, I am just kidding because I really do need your QSO during the QSO Party because you do count for 1 point! So, I KC4TVZ just needed to make some non-10-10 QSOs, so I could come in 1st place in the 2012 Spirit of 76 QSO Party! That was really the only reason I was making non 10-10 QSOs. How is that for reverse phsycology? ;) Really 10-10 has got their QSO Party rules set-up so that one MUST make non 10-10 QSOs if they really want to do well. I personally could careless about Rag Chewing about my Arthritus or the freaking weather! :bdh:

Now, I am making this post here tonight to pretty much "BOAST" about the 10-10 Board of Directors meeting coming to Altanta Georgia back in July of 2012 and here it is August 2012 and I KC4TVZ still have my 10-10 number! They did not revoke my number! Their Lawyer threatened to revoke it but the Directors, did NOT do it! So it was all just a big scare tactic! Maybe I don't have their support but I don't really care if I have anyones support or not because I am an individual and I control my own destiny! However, I would like to see 10 meters be more open than closed. Also, I am still the Monday's 28.380 Net Control Station and you are ALL invited to check in. You do NOT need a 10-10 number to check in because it my goal as NCS to help you collect your first ten 10-10 numbers to get your own, so if you check in be ready to at least write my information down because I will be giving to you.

With all that being said, if any of you are dissappointed I KC4TVZ still have my 10-10 number? I do have some very good news for YOU! In August of 2015, my current paid 10-10 membership will run out. I KC4TVZ will NOT be renewing my Dues. That is right, as of 08/2015, I will no longer be a paid, active 10-10 member and NEVER will be again. WHY??? Because I have all but 1 of the 15 Basic 10-10 Awards and hopefully this Fall of 2012, I will be able to make that final DX contact to get that last wanted award for me KC4TVZ. Once, I have ALL the Awards, I will have no reason to be an active 10-10 member anymore, so there you go, I hope to have made some of you happy. Of course, you will have to wait until 08/2015! I might change my mind , if you clowns QRM me to much between now and then but it is looking like in 2015, I KC4TVZ will become a DXer. I am thinking about putting up a 20 meter dipole to start operations on 14.313. I hear that frequency needs me to clear out some conjestion but it will need to wait until 08/2015! hi hi...

I can't wait to read some of the responses to this post! :oops:

73 KC4TVZ Todd

I will add something, I see that Todd is still an arrogant self anointed asshole and will never change. He seems to think he is the master of his own destiny. That may be true but only until his arrogance causes someone to put HIS destiny into THEIR hands and they put a bullet in his head. People have killed kids for walking on their lawn before so I guess anything is possible. I honestly do not understand what it is that makes some people think and act like him. I guess not being the arrogant egotistical asshole type means I never will understand it. Now I suppose I have caused this thread to go down hill enough so before it gets any worse I may as well slam it shut before I cause any more trouble.

Last edited:
WTF, I reopened this tread. I apologize for closing it for a while. I was in a bad mood. I had just come in from the afternoon sun where I spent the afternoon unrolling, measuring, and re-rolling 18 coils of half inch heliax as well as taking stock of what connectors were on them if any. If that wasn't enough to drive a person half insane I don't know what would. Jeesh it was hot! Anyway, once again my apologies. Post away.

I will add something, I see that Todd is still an arrogant self anointed asshole and will never change. He seems to think he is the master of his own destiny. That may be true but only until his arrogance causes someone to put HIS destiny into THEIR hands and they put a bullet in his head. People have killed kids for walking on their lawn before so I guess anything is possible. I honestly do not understand what it is that makes some people think and act like him. I guess not being the arrogant egotistical asshole type means I never will understand it. Now I suppose I have caused this thread to go down hill enough so before it gets any worse I may as well slam it shut before I cause any more trouble.

:oops::love::oops:

WorldwideDX Amateur Radio Forums - Announcements in Forum : Announcements & Open Forum

WorldWideDX Forum Rules:

Overall Community Attitude......

Inappropriate Behavior
• DO NOT Make Inappropriate or Offensive Posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, slander or deliberate insults/name-calling, or other negative remarks about WorldWideDX, its moderators and administrators, or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS ........

Reactions: 2 people
Now, I am making this post here tonight to pretty much "BOAST" about the 10-10 Board of Directors meeting coming to Altanta Georgia back in July of 2012 and here it is August 2012 and I KC4TVZ still have my 10-10 number! They did not revoke my number! Their Lawyer threatened to revoke it but the Directors, did NOT do it! So it was all just a big scare tactic! Maybe I don't have their support but I don't really care if I have anyones support or not because I am an individual and I control my own destiny! However, I would like to see 10 meters be more open than closed. Also, I am still the Monday's 28.380 Net Control Station and you are ALL invited to check in. You do NOT need a 10-10 number to check in because it my goal as NCS to help you collect your first ten 10-10 numbers to get your own, so if you check in be ready to at least write my information down because I will be giving to you.

I can't wait to read some of the responses to this post! :oops:

73 KC4TVZ Todd

That sounds like an invite for comments?

Okay, care to comment about your recent (and TOTAL) suspension from ALL of your FORMER 10-10 volunteer positions (including Net Control)? Guess the 10-10 BOD had enough of your independent behavior huh?

Guess the last time you dissed a new ham was the straw that broke the camel's back. Huh? So now to deflect the BOD's attention to another subject you scan the 10-10 membership list looking for members with unpaid dues (there are THOUSANDS of them) so you can report them to the Board of Directors. Well, it doesn't matter if you pay your dues. Once you get a 10-10 number its yours for life and good to use for whatever reason you care to use it for. The 10-10 organization is more about using the entire 10 meter band than it is about exchanging 10-10 numbers. Hey Todd, there's not even anything in the 10-10 handbook that says exchanging numbers is required. The number exchange is just to work towards wallpaper which some people could care less about. 10-10 International is about building camaraderie among the amateur community, helping new hams get acclimated to the hobby, the bands, and the rest of us in the amateur radio community. Not to provide an opportunity for one or more individuals to do as they please.

So yeah, good to see you've been trashing 10-10 this long as it shows what you really think about the organization you claim to support. Good to see you attacking people who allow their dues to expire, that should really get you back in good graces with the 10-10 leadership. Shows some real humility, at this rate my 4-year granddaughter will be graduating college before you get another shot at volunteering for 10-10 (which I have no say about).

Oh, did you tell everyone the truth about the BOD meeting in Atlanta? Did you tell these folks the meeting was some 40 minutes from your QTH yet you wouldn't attend? Did you let folks know you drove clear down to Orlando to the convention there to speak to the BOD? Then when you got there you changed your mind. I'll tell you Todd, I attended the recent convention in Connecticut and was quite impressed with the professionalism (and OPENNESS) of the BOD meeting. They allowed me to not only attend the open-door meeting but to make a comment regarding digital modes as well.

Couldn't pass by your comment: I can't wait to read some of the responses to this post! :oops:

I just joined these forums today and found your dirty laundry, what a shame 'cause this looks like a really good place to hang out. Seems like Googling your call sign always brings out the bad points concerning you.

That sounds like an invite for comments? ...

I just joined these forums today and found your dirty laundry, what a shame 'cause this looks like a really good place to hang out. Seems like Googling your call sign always brings out the bad points concerning you.

welcome to the forum Floyd.

I was at the Huntsville hamfest yesterday, and had a loooong talk with "certain" people @ the 10-10 booth.

you and me pretty much think alike:D

I guess I am kinda lucky, I can barely hear his QRM and BS unless the band is real short

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.