• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 meter is very quiet?

Oh yeh….

Attachments

• 1C9C2CA5-4603-445B-8F87-5EE8713F7F57.jpeg
    1C9C2CA5-4603-445B-8F87-5EE8713F7F57.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 79
was active yesterday n up till about 8 to 830 pm last nite

Last edited:
Reactions: Crawdad and Rwb
Made my longest contact to date on 10m this morning, Capetown, South Africa. 8295 miles on the two pieces of wire seen below.
20230506_175630.jpg

This is not chest-thumping, it's amazement on my part that that's all it takes to talk that far.
I always enjoy reading the antenna pissing contests that appear on the forum occasionally, all the while knowing how simple it can really be. Two pieces of wire tuned properly.

Made my longest contact to date on 10m this morning, Capetown, South Africa. 8295 miles on the two pieces of wire seen below.View attachment 63771
This is not chest-thumping, it's amazement on my part that that's all it takes to talk that far.
I always enjoy reading the antenna pissing contests that appear on the forum occasionally, all the while knowing how simple it can really be. Two pieces of wire tuned properly.

1 time all was right and on a 2.5 watt cb walkie talkie i managed a contac from southwest mo to bend oregon. i thought was pretty darn good for a lil hand held 2.5 watt radio

Reactions: Crawdad and S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?