• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10m isn't dead

My guess as to why there are no US stations on 10m to answer these calls is because when the skip is in on 10m, it is also in on 11m, which is just much more fun to operate.
LC

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
My guess as to why there are no US stations on 10m to answer these calls is because when the skip is in on 10m, it is also in on 11m, which is just much more fun to operate.
LC

11 Meters is open far more often than 10 meters ever is.I listen to both each day & I hear no signals until late afternoon on 10 meters & most all day some days on 11 meters.Today both are quiet.

SIX-SHOOTER

Anybody that leaves a voice recorder on 24/7 is not a beacon in my book. He's just a broadcaster that's circumventing gentleman rules to gain attention. If anybody can prove that he is not on station during those transmissions, he is breaking the law. I understand that 10-10 kicked him out. He's probably the only one in history to earn their wrath.

I remember back in the early 90s when I first got my Novice, 10m was open to every part of the world and then some? :) It was unbelievable! Sometimes I'd be up at 3am listening to signals from the African continent. Great memories!

Me and a pal 8 miles away like to ragchew on 29.600 fm everyday. We can also cross repeat on 2m. He's got a small repeater with (get this) a phone patch on it. It's cool because up here in these mountains, ridges, and Hollers cell phones don't work. We don't have any close by towers. I take my HT with me just in case i need it when I'm in the woods.
We don't need no stinking skip. We make our own. During these lousy conditions at least we can stay busy in our shacks.

...edit... I understand that 10-10 kicked him out. He's probably the only one in history to earn their wrath.

I am proud of the fact that I had constructive "input" to the Board of Directors regarding this issue.

Yes, he is the ONLY person to be removed from 10 - 10.

BTW, there is an arrl contest this weekend, see you on 10.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated