• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10m question...

The extra privileges are nice to have on contest weekends. Most of my friends are too lazy to upgrade so I don't use them much. I have friends that are perfectly happy with their tech licenses. I don't get it, but to each his own.

I’m never was perfectly happy staying with a single mode, band or even one antenna. I’m either refurbishing an old CB, experimenting with an antenna, working CW DX, or talking worldwide on our local 440 IRLP repeater. That’s also coupled with playing and repairing all things electrical besides being a SWL enthusiast. Ask me again in about a year and you might see a couple new technologies added to my interests. Whether you’re a CB’er or Ham makes no difference to me. I’m both. What does make a difference is whether you’re simply an appliance operator, or a person that has a desire to learn more about your particular radio hobby. I fully support the latter in the process of learning more myself.

Reactions: Crawdad and WECSOG
I’m never was perfectly happy staying with a single mode, band or even one antenna. I’m either refurbishing an old CB, experimenting with an antenna, working CW DX, or talking worldwide on our local 440 IRLP repeater. That’s also coupled with playing and repairing all things electrical besides being a SWL enthusiast. Ask me again in about a year and you might see a couple new technologies added to my interests. Whether you’re a CB’er or Ham makes no difference to me. I’m both. What does make a difference is whether you’re simply an appliance operator, or a person that has a desire to learn more about your particular radio hobby. I fully support the latter in the process of learning more myself.
i am an antenna nut,has to be just right or im unhappy. I get comments on how far im transmitting but i live at the highest point in my county. Cb,10 meters 2 meters 440cm all get out well

Reactions: WECSOG
Exactly.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.