• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10m question...

Been a few decent openings lately. I hope this cycle is kind to 10 and 6 meters. I want to see them blown wide open. I'm programming more 6/10 meter simplex and repeater frequencies in my scanners. Used to have an old 4" TV in my shack. It was the best propagation detector there was. None of that fancy cluster crap back then.

I look forward to it...beaming 60 degs...Scotty FULL POWER!!!!

I'm just using an 80m dipole and a 4:1 balun with the feedpoint at 62 feet for now Gary. One end is at 50 feet and the other at about 35 feet. It hears quite well and there were lots of 6m FT8 crap there the other evening. Hopefully I will know it's you if I hear you. I forgot your call. LOL (n):confused:o_O

I remember yours... Washington 9 First National Bank:ROFLMAO:...
The voice of Radio Free Hooterville!!!:LOL:

I.m telling you man, my memory has been all shot to F#@& the last year or so. Since I have been off I am finding out a few more things that long term pain can do to you besides depression and memory loss. I noticed it at work before I went off but man it was getting bad. It's a bit better now but I still use it as an excuse when I forget something. LOL

I think a 40m dipole loads better for 6m...but have used my 80m array just for fun

Just got an 80m dipole up last week. Currently fed with coax all the way and used on other bands with a tuner. It sucks but it is what it is. I have a 4:1 balun from Balun Designs on order and it was just shipped from Texas two days ago so with the way things have been travelling thru the postal system it will likely be two more weeks before I see it. The plan is to mount it just outside the house and feed the antenna with balanced feedline and a short piece of coax to the shack. The balun is good to 70 MHz so 6m should work OK. It is what it is until I can get up the tower.

You load that LARCAN into that I should hear you:love::LOL::LOL:

Don't tempt me. My balun is rated for 5Kw but that is under matched conditions. That LARCAN will put out an easy kilowatt however I STILL need to make it up with the changeover relays etc. Warren VO1KS that sold it to me was after me the other day to get it on the air. LOL I was over to his place last week and he still has a few more if you ever want one.

I am looking for AL1500 or AL1200 to convert...yea my contest buddy wanting me to start that GS35B for 6m only...I have a 5Kvdc supply /w/variac control and 100uf cap bank/bleeders All done in a rack box 20 inches tall about 3 ft deep on big a$$ casters.
Was built to run 2/ L4B decks continuos (old Contest power supply) but can not get to it till I find out about my back(neck)
Go the 16th of this month for High-Res MRI as surgery prep...So see where this goes.
I have not finished my second L4B yet either...All that needs is a couple of new bleeder chokes installed and put the front panel back on, installing the lamps on the front cover and it's ready for the smoke test...been sitting on the bench that way for 4 months...
What can I say!!!
We all have our crosses to bear:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
I.m telling you man, my memory has been all shot to F#@& the last year or so. Since I have been off I am finding out a few more things that long term pain can do to you besides depression and memory loss. I noticed it at work before I went off but man it was getting bad. It's a bit better now but I still use it as an excuse when I forget something. LOL

Just got an 80m dipole up last week. Currently fed with coax all the way and used on other bands with a tuner. It sucks but it is what it is. I have a 4:1 balun from Balun Designs on order and it was just shipped from Texas two days ago so with the way things have been travelling thru the postal system it will likely be two more weeks before I see it. The plan is to mount it just outside the house and feed the antenna with balanced feedline and a short piece of coax to the shack. The balun is good to 70 MHz so 6m should work OK. It is what it is until I can get up the tower.

Don't tempt me. My balun is rated for 5Kw but that is under matched conditions. That LARCAN will put out an easy kilowatt however I STILL need to make it up with the changeover relays etc. Warren VO1KS that sold it to me was after me the other day to get it on the air. LOL I was over to his place last week and he still has a few more if you ever want one.
Roger the long term pain, I am still on that journey. I have reached a milestone both good and rough as I transition from one way of dealing with it to another. It really takes a lot of self motivation, I keep myself in beast mode and tell myself to push through it over and over.

Roger the long term pain, I am still on that journey. I have reached a milestone both good and rough as I transition from one way of dealing with it to another. It really takes a lot of self motivation, I keep myself in beast mode and tell myself to push through it over and over.

I did that. Stayed at work because it was the "proper" thing to do. Ended up with depression and woke up one day in a deep pit of despair. Never felt so low in my life and never want to again. Realized that everyone else was right and I was the fool that was wrong. April 8 was the last day I worked. Being home has meant MUCH improved mental health due to much lesser pain but the knee problem still exists however at least I can say F@#% it and go take it easy whenever I want or need too. Had a doctor's appointment today and he put me off another three months hoping that knee replacement surgery will happen in that time frame. Sometimes pushing through it is the wrong answer. I never believed that until it happened to me.

I use digi-mode as beacons myself to see if certain bands like 6m is open. It's just as good as using 27.385 or God forbid channel 6 (LOL) to see if 10m is open.

I have heard 11 meters going Crazy & can't find a beacon or any other signals on 10 meters so I quit using that method long ago.11 meters has far better condition & it's one reason I HATE the FCC for giving away the best band when 10 meters should have become the CB Band.

SIX-SHOOTER

I have heard 11 meters going Crazy & can't find a beacon or any other signals on 10 meters so I quit using that method long ago.11 meters has far better condition & it's one reason I HATE the FCC for giving away the best band when 10 meters should have become the CB Band.

SIX-SHOOTER
There are some 10m beacons out there, you just can't always hear them. Try this link.

https://www.qsl.net/wj5o/bcn.htm

As for 10 & 11m, there are basically the same propgational wise being only a 1 mHz difference.

If you hear KC4TVZ on 28.425, you know 10m is open :D

KEELO-CHARLEE-4-TANGO-VICTOR-ZOOLOO...

There are some 10m beacons out there, you just can't always hear them. Try this link.

https://www.qsl.net/wj5o/bcn.htm

As for 10 & 11m, there are basically the same propgational wise being only a 1 mHz difference.

If you hear KC4TVZ on 28.425, you know 10m is open :D

KEELO-CHARLEE-4-TANGO-VICTOR-ZOOLOO...

I can see the signals without tuning to them by watching the band scope on my ICOM 7600 so I don't need to tune around unless I just want to listen to a signal & I HATE CW so I for sure don't want to listen to it. LOL

SIX-SHOOTER
Wanted 4 Kissing Vanna White {:>)

Reactions: n8fgb
I can see the signals without tuning to them by watching the band scope on my ICOM 7600 so I don't need to tune around unless I just want to listen to a signal & I HATE CW so I for sure don't want to listen to it. LOL

SIX-SHOOTER
Wanted 4 Kissing Vanna White {:>)
Check out Spectrum ( Windows and Linux 64bit) RTL-SDR

https://github.com/pavels/spektrum/releases

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.