• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Maybe next time. Sound of silence came on quickly.
It finally dropped here about 11 pm. The prop was shifting alot. I'd get AL, TN, GA. Then some SC, NC, MI. Then some MO, IA. Had New Orleans for while, then it would shift again. Seems God kept playing with the tuner last night. Stayed up staring at the radio wishing the DX to roll again.:(

Reactions: S&W357
In Boise Id. Raised my 11 meter DIY quarterwave vertical antenna up another 5 feet today. Starduster type with two radials. Went in to check SWR with my MFJ analyzer. Liked what I saw. Hooked it up to my Bearcat 980. Heard some spanish chatter on AM 25. Disappeared within 10 min. Called out on LSB 38 but no reply.

I noticed the rock quarry that is on AM 8 was coming in a lot better. Raising antenna was a good idea for better local chatter. My SSB call is Boise 521 if you ever hear me calling out. Hope to meet up with you on the air one day.

Alan, can you post a pic of that antenna?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.