• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Fig08.jpg

L= 124 feet
PL= 34 feet
Apex = 45 feet
Ends = about 30 feet
Broadside is NE/SW
Feed with 300-ohm Ladder Line and Double "L" tuner
works 80/40/20/17 meters

I am sure they will work split on most bands...they were listening up 5-10 kc's on 20 meters. Even CW they were listening up +5 on 17 meters earlier, but I never heard them.
Oh, yeah you're right. I forgot about that. I was just thinking about the situation on 40 where you have to work split with some countries because of the different frequency allocations.

Reactions: 357magnum
Yes, correct! So not sure what their privileges on 40 meters are so just hoping they pick a listening spot in the General SSB window(y)
Most times these type operations will transmit CW on the bottom end of the band then listen a few KC up so US Generals can work them also.
Say transmit on 7.020...listen 5 to 10 up(y)
I'll be checking the cluster on 40 meters later.
See if lighting strikes again(y)!
GL to you also
All the Best
Gary

Was surprised to hear anyone at all yesterday rolling south from the Ohio Turnpike to Charleston, WV in the hills on the way to Virginia.

But, there it was (38-lsb) right as I was about to cross the Ohio at 1430 local.

uh oh....hope his number is not up.:confused:

Feeling like it. Day off.

Radio and associated torn from overhead. Getting up courage to pry console cover off to get access to antenna mounts from backside (above doors) to install a ft240 toroid at each antenna feed. Figure I have the slack to get 3-4 turns.

It’s neither the greatest factory antenna mount setup (co-phase), nor is it equipped with high-quality coaxial cable, but with a Palomar filter at the radio, I hope that the high noise level can be cut.

Where to start experimental prying (some screws) is the thing. Sometimes these things are obvious. Other times you wish you hadn’t (spent 4-hrs shop labor with best installer I know a few years back on a Freightliner). My Internet searches the past two years only bring up my own threads and a couple barely-related to the 579 Peterbilt. A specific search on side-body PETERBILT MASC2AP3 ANTENNA ASSY hasn’t yielded payback.

I need to get some custom mirror brackets made. So, in the meantime, beat hell out of my arms trying not to break plastic.

Constant level 5-7 S-units unless Squelch 3/4-closed.

Last edited:
Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.