• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I had the marine mobile rig up for about 15 minutes this afternoon right around 6:00P.M. On LSB 38, I made contact with 837 in Birmingham, AL. But LSB 38 was a mess, so I dropped it to LSB 37. Contact there included 825 in Louisiana, 329 in Central Kentucky and 360 in North Carolina.

954 in Fort Lauderdale Beach could be heard. My best estimate is that he's about 130 miles as the crow flies from where I was anchored. He could hear me but couldn't make out what I was saying.

Not a bad 15 minutes for a walkie talkie running barefoot into a 1/4 wave vertical dipole.

Had DX but only got one contact today, everyone else was deaf I guess :)

It's not me....it's you.

Last edited:
When we've had discussions on these boards about a back-up or alternative to 38 LSB, a couple of folks have chimed in reporting that they are still using old 23 channel rigs. Those folks liked the LSB 16 idea. The other advantage I see is that it is removed from the proximity of LSB 38. Lots of folks try 36, 37 and 39 when 38 LSB is log jammed. In that context, 16 LSB is practically a world apart.

If the skip stays with us, I think we ought to give LSB 16 a try again.

Reactions: Unit 75 and S&W357
I tri
When we've had discussions on these boards about a back-up or alternative to 38 LSB, a couple of folks have chimed in reporting that they are still using old 23 channel rigs. Those folks liked the LSB 16 idea. The other advantage I see is that it is removed from the proximity of LSB 38. Lots of folks try 36, 37 and 39 when 38 LSB is log jammed. In that context, 16 LSB is practically a world apart.

If the skip stays with us, I think we ought to give LSB 16 a try again.
I tried lsb 16 today, nothing.

I've been hanging on channel 20 AM side when 38LSB is quiet or when it becomes a train wreck. I can pretty much talk anywhere I can on SSB. Peeps all over hang on 20 for some reason.
When driving home from work the other day, I was in Arkansas, just dropped my buddy off at his house I was sand bagging on ch 20 am I heard you Unit75. You were coming in loud and clear Trainman in the Bam.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated