1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

11 meter is very quiet?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Tweetybird, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Tokin

Tokin 42Zero Tampa

Unfortunately 28 is our local channel here around tampa. Id like to find him and cut his alternator belt and jamb it up his .......

2NC995 likes this.

2. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

He’s in his mobile but he also has a base radio. I’d just like to teach him the importance of trying to keep his signal on the frequency he’s attempting to talk on. I could ignore a channel or two of splatter, that would be a change and relief but all 40??

Tokin and 2NC995 like this.
  3. Tokin

Tokin 42Zero Tampa

Nothing but a few locals piling up here. Pretty quiet for the most on 28. Bowl is in and out.

4. TheRealPorkchop

Here he is...enjoy. 40 wide on AM and while he’s trying sideband.

ForestRunner98, 2NC995 and Tokin like this.
  5. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

If you’re of a mind to do so, do a better job than I in identifying equipment and such.

It really is uncanny how those girls get out.

I’ve never not heard them approaching from 90-miles east on IH-40

6. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

The usual “alligators” bye-bying on every TX they do. JEEZ

Tokin likes this.
  7. TheRealPorkchop

Porkchop on page 145...Porkchop on page 145, bye bye bye...

Tokin and ForestRunner98 like this.
  8. 2NC995

2NC995 DAN

I don't bother when DX is like this. Sporadic E puts me over the edge.

Call "CQ Europe" on 555 and 50 stations from Mississippi and Arkansas DYING to answer me. LOL.

9. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

That’s as funny as it reads.

Will have to remember it.

Hmm, what’s a Lithuanian accent?

Tokin and S&W357 like this.
  10. Rick330man

Rick330man WDX 404

There was a fair amount of activity yesterday in the afternoon. It came in ebbs and flows. I'd make contact with a station and then the four others trying to hail me would all walk over each other. 429 in Gettysburg, PA was one of those short lived contacts. I managed to do better with a QSY to LSB 39, where I was able to carry on QSOs with 409 in PA and 169 in Jonesboro, Arkansas. But the pile up had Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Illinois, Alabama, Mississippi and a whole host of other states from the eastern and central parts of the U.S.

Definitely a busy day on CB.

S&W357 and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  11. Pappas and Beer

Pappas and Beer Stripper Licker, number 18

Some dx tonight on 6, buy no other channels. coming from Hawaii to So. Cal. where I am. Showtime and Mr. California were called. If this dx keeps up I am going to upgrade my system. Who knows, it could be a fun ride up the solar cycle, which is an inverted Covid-19 Curve.

#2171 Pappas and Beer, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
  12. G GOLLY WAlly

G GOLLY WAlly WDX 719 / Waldo on AM

38 lsb full of South Florida booming into Eastern Oklahoma, tonight and a few from the Carolinas. I made no contact with any of them, I waved my hand until I thought it would fall off, nothing, nada. I need to send my 2950 to LC after he's finished with my Madison, not sure it's even working right, it's about 26 years old.

Slowmover and Tokin like this.
  13. WECSOG

WECSOG Well-Known Member

The band was booming here throughout late afternoon and evening, on both AM (6, 11, 19, 20, 21 and probably more) and SSB (35 through 40). I heard Florida, OH, PA, IA and maybe a few others. Made contact with 222 in IA from my mobile.

Slowmover and G GOLLY WAlly like this.
  14. RT431

RT431 In the swamp

Conditions were rough on 38 yesterday. Made a call out, had one station return, but so over modulated I couldn't understand him. Will try again today.

G GOLLY WAlly and Tokin like this.
  15. Tokin

Tokin 42Zero Tampa

Conditions were rough am too. 28 was a huge pile up all afternoon and into much of the evening. Pretty quiet out there atm but I expect that to change later.

G GOLLY WAlly and RT431 like this.