• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

One of the issues we've had in the past is that there are plenty of folks on here that are operating unmodified, stock CB radios. That means 27.425 would not work for them. Some guys are even still running old 23 channel rigs, which is one of the reasons we were pushing LSB 16 for a while.

With all of the noise on LSB 38, I think it might be a good idea to try to stake out another channel for WDX users. I know there's another group that uses 39. What about us WDX folks using LSB 36 or LSB 35?

One of the issues we've had in the past is that there are plenty of folks on here that are operating unmodified, stock CB radios. That means 27.425 would not work for them. Some guys are even still running old 23 channel rigs, which is one of the reasons we were pushing LSB 16 for a while.

With all of the noise on LSB 38, I think it might be a good idea to try to stake out another channel for WDX users. I know there's another group that uses 39. What about us WDX folks using LSB 36 or LSB 35?

Wouldn’t work for me. 35 is a very busy local trucker channel and they all bleed over in both directions...

That said, I can certainly understand wanting to keep it on the regular 40, and I know there’s not really anything that would work for every single person all the time.

I usually make a call on 16lsb every time the DX is rolling, just to see who is out there. It’s always very quiet and I’ll usually get one or two responses at best...yesterday was none.

ZIP here in my part of Ontario, no skip, no local, think the season is over till spring, unless the sun really gets it's game on with some sunspots. Have had nothing in over 4 weeks. I have had days where I can just make out the Southern U.S.A., but conditions not good enough for me to get out. Had a few days where the skip was strong, but it was on a very fast roll, so it would roll in for like 25 seconds, then roll out, skip tide I call this.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.