• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Lots of Italian, Spanish, German, Russians blasting in this side of the pond today. Talked to Germany for a few minutes coming in very strong and then the groundwave came in and swallowed him up. Talk about fade away and radiate!! Unusually got a contact into Eastbourne in the UK for five minutes and then we both got swallowed up in the groundwave swell. We're beside the UK and its very hard to get any contacts with the cb'ers over there at the best of times. Maybe things are improving skip wise. On Saturday night last I heard more people on the air on ssb than in a long time. Lots of old school cb'ers returning to the hobby from a hiatus of 20 years or more. Its cool for cats!!!
Bare Foot I . I noticed in your profile you are from Ireland ? I have a friend John Mc. over there I haven't chatted via radio with in years . I just can't make any contacts across the pond lately ( or miss Dx when it's working ) I believe John's numbers a " 303 " ? Been so long I'd have to go to my Log & look it up ! :whistle::LOL: I only chat w/him now by the PC . Just wondering if you knew of him ? He's a Great Operator . (y) Thanks ! Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

Good morning Leo,hope your doing good today. I haven't heard of any operators with the numbers"303" as part of their callsign. That said he may be active in his local area. Is he a cb'er or a "ham'er? or does he do both perhaps having a callsign and a "handle". Do you know what county he is living in?

Hi Barefoot , I know for sure he talks on 11 meters , that's how we met ( 38 lsb ) not sure about ham he might be now as he bought some Icom's to replace his Cobra 2k . Also not sure of his county I need to PM him & ask . Thanks ! Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.