1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

11 meter is very quiet?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Tweetybird, Sep 8, 2019.

1. barefootindian

barefootindian Supporting Member

Good copies into Italy Spain Germany Holland and Sweden this weekend so far. It was hopping mad over here,and the 11 Meter band was buzzing till about 23.30 hrs Friday and Saturday and then the radio waves faded away into the hash. Hoping for a good days radio today Sunday.

YardDog, 357magnum, S&W357 and 3 others like this.

2. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

wish i couldla stayed up n got more time in but we know we cant be radioing 24-7

3. The20poundhammer

The20poundhammer Sr. Member

I did get 43WT59 there on Kangaroo Island first time ever heard a station that part of Australia

4. YardDog

YardDog Active Member

Last night was pretty fun on AM and SSB.

Body Snatcher - North Carolina
    351 - North Carolina
    26 - North Carolina
    635 - South Carolina
    US Marshall - South Carolina
    138 - Indiana
    111 - Ohio
    309 - Virginia
    409 - Maryland
    Made a lot of contacts throughout the day but didn't think to write them down. Quebec was reaching out to me but I couldn't cut through the congestion. Lot's of great sounding radios with really clear audio all day long.

Did have one guy in N.C. complaining to me and my locals talking barefoot to each other. He had decided we all were running thousands of watts and intentionally hammering him. I tried to explain how skip works but he refused to believe it. We were going to bow out and switch to another channel but he started slinging F bombs and insults. So we all cranked up the power and sat on his ass the rest of the night and so did several of his neighbors. A little manners and understanding goes a long way.

5. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

It's alive and well tonight, one heck of a pileup all through 11 meters. I'll be hanging out 38 lsb while conditions stay.

S&W357, YardDog, 357magnum and 3 others like this.
  6. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

active on 10 and 11 meters last nite

S&W357, YardDog and 357magnum like this.
  7. 455monte

455monte Member

Im pretty new to this forum but I'm proud to say i was able to talk to mutiple states this afternoon from my little set up in my shop!

8. barefootindian

No radio yesterday this location. We had heavy hailstone and rainy thunder dark grey clouded sky from the afternoon right through the night. So for me 11 meters was non exsistant as the radio was off and coax disconnected from the radio and also added connection separated (coax line is split into different lengths with barrel connectors) so hoping weather is better for radio comms today.
    Radio is fun but for some its the vital in vitality in that it keeps the brain and the mind healthy. We like to jabber, to chaw, to jaw, to chew the fat,to Chinwag, to have a yak, call it what you will, its what we all like to do. And with the bands opening back up there's gonna be more and more of the above happening. But only when the chores are done.....

Eldorado828, S&W357, YardDog and 3 others like this.
  9. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

as long as you made contacs your setup is fine with me. CARRY ON

10. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

If you get the Uniden wireless microphone, you can talk while you do your chores.:whistle:

Eldorado828, S&W357 and 357magnum like this.
  11. barefootindian

Hi Shadetree, wouldn't I then have to buy a Bluetooth capable radio? Thanks for the suggestion but I'll stick with my non Bluetooth radios for the moment. It was the thundery weather had me unplug for safety reasons, and today it looks like a repeat performance.
    My radios are old stock at this stage of the game. My mk2 quad 5 non souped up version and my ss3900 hi and low bands, from CRT France, the latter being a Ranger 158 copy. They both work good for me although the blue LED's on the ss3900 are far too bright for my liking and sometime in the future I may get those LED's replaced for a different colour and have the display brightness reduced by 50% or so, getting a qualified tech who knows what their about to do the work on it.
    More chores to do. See ya later alligator.

S&W357, 357magnum and Slowmover like this.
  12. Shadetree Mechanic

The wireless mic is a stand alone setup, no Bluetooth needed. It is wired for the Uniden, but can be wired for any radio. Some people use them on their ham radios. I will see if I can find a link to the thread.

13. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Sr. Member

Skip came in for 10 minutes last night, talked to 361 in Central Cal and then it disappeared.

14. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

Ya that happens a lot here in SoCal.

357magnum likes this.
  15. Shadetree Mechanic

The DX is open on the east coast. I flipped on the Ranger 797 as soon as I got home from work as I heard some activity on my way home. I turned to 38 LSB just in time to hear 131 Belfast Ireland QSY to ch 40. I followed, and as soon as he finished up with his QSO, I made the call. An operator from Florida called too, but he was calling at the same time as 131. I heard the last little bit of what 131 was saying, and called again. Just as he was coming back, a pile up instantly happened. He did an excellent job of holding the pile up at bay so I could get back to him. We had 3 exchanges with people still breaking in, so I said I was clear and let him do his thing with the pile up. He is on a 6 element Yagi and me on my Vector 4k and barefoot 797 with D104m6b. Obviously my awesome operator skills come into play here. Haha! He has been working it for the passed 10 minuets at least. It is such a beautiful day here, I was going to go outside. But now I am glued to this chair...... He is working Michigan and Illinois now.

S&W357, Eldorado828, YardDog and 3 others like this.