• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Today was the first day in a long time I had wall to wall DX, people coming through on all the channels, multiple states coast to coast + Canada and Mexico all at once.

Reminded of the cycles we had before everything took a dive - hoping it means this next one is a good one!

I finished testing the Imax and was switching antennas around so I used the Sirio Boomerang today to talk DX. Nothing like talking on the bowl with an 8' L dipole apartment antenna :)

It’s rough out there!! Big radios tonight. Did make a contact with 006 Arizona on 38lsb.

Then it got ugly! Some joker complaining and cussing. He did have a strong signal but he was just angry. Sounded like a drunk old man. Really killed the mood for the others wanting to DX. Think he was coming in from the Southwest as well.

When Dx is running & you hear the North East Corner , Stop by 21Am give me ( us ) a shout on Big Radio Boulevard ! (y) In RI we don't call it that for No Reason . :LOL:Bigger Radio's than myself most have Beams , mine still not up yet maybe this week a local said he would help me as I have everything & my Rohn 6' Tri Pod has been up & sealed tight for almost a year ! :whistle: Since my Seizure I'm not allowed on the roof ( per my Dr . but mostly my XYL ) I will QSY to any frequency you want . Nothing like chatting w/ a Forum member ! :) Ralph & I might have set a WWDX 11m record last week when we chatted over 20 minutes on SSB . Stay Heathy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! , Leo

Oh yeh, when DX coming out from NE corner call out for Big Radio Boulevard Rhode Island on 21 AM. They will find Leo and hook you up.

Home boys here in NC do the same. Not unusual for me to get a text or phone call from them saying “your buddy Leo and those guys in RI are calling for you on the radio”

I’m mostly on SSB as 556 North Carolina or on AM (35) as 357. (y)

Finally had an evening with an empty house so spent all day savoring the station time this evening....... Only to hear mostly silence with an occasional faint signal to start and then it turned to just static....

Like a bad fishing trip...

Boy Scout Preparedness = Best Beer Choice. That’s the savor when they ain’t biting.

DX started warming up here about 7:30 this morning. Made contacts in various directions but mostly NE USA. Heard Jamaica and some Canadian Provinces but no QSO's.

Then...first time ever for me Juneau Alaska #173 on 27.375 LSB on the Anytone AT-6666. 3,745.6 miles

View attachment 45076

View attachment 45077

Gotta love the wire antenna! About how high is it to the feedpoint?

muf us boulder is 31.79 mhz..

solarn0nbh.php

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated