1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

11 meter is very quiet?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Tweetybird, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

I used to talk to some guys in Tennessee on ch 1 lower. That's the ch 1 that is 40 channels below ch1. I forget what the frequency is but they talk on AM and I keep checking to see if I can hear them, but it has been a few years since our last contact. Needless to say, they don't get too many DXers on that channel.

S&W357 likes this.

2. lonestarbandit

lonestarbandit 4-2-9 Central TX

Bugger I completely forgot to check out of band. Will have to try that next time!

3. S&W357

S&W357 $upporting Member N.C. WDX-556

Pretty sure I was talking to forum member "Codeman" as "553" in Austin Texas this morning in his truck on .375 LSB. (y)

556 North Carolina

4. codeman

codeman Recovering Crackerhead

Got to talk to S&W357 this morning, plus his neighbor 2487 a few miles away this morning! That dipole is doing you very well.

I gotta say that is a nice strong radio you were talking on. Hope to make it that way again.

5. codeman

Good hearing you in there this morning for sure!! I see you just posted a message. Nice audio from your radio.

6. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Check both upper and lower side band, local DX tends to be lower and international DX tends to be upper. International call frequency is 27.555 USB.

7. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

Years ago there was a group down south that talked on 27.045 every day but as channel 6 became more popular they all moved down to 26.855.
    I have also heard stations on 26.555 USB as well as 27.555.
    And lately some one is using digital right below channel 1.
    When the band is open you can find people everywhere.
    Also check right below 10 meters for FM coming from across the pond.

Jeff

8. Recon

Recon NY 881

I've been DXng for the past three days and evenings. Recon 881 Central NY

9. S&W357

S&W357 $upporting Member N.C. WDX-556

Sounds good Recon. I always call out for 881 Central New York when I hear DX from your direction. (y)

Slowmover likes this.
  10. lonestarbandit

lonestarbandit 4-2-9 Central TX

My ears are GONE.

Slowmover likes this.
  11. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

Funny...I did some work to my radio and asked for a radio check...some guy in Georgia named “spaghetti Eddie” came back. LOL

12. The20poundhammer

The20poundhammer Sr. Member

Just worked 43SD127 in Melbourne he was in a mobile pretty good Dx trip for a portable

13. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

Made a good contact with 440 South Carolina!! That area is coming in great in SoCal this evening.

14. codeman

It has been a while since I have heard Eddie Spaghetti. I'm now near Shreveport,La. I made some real quick contacts to Maine,Nova Scotia and Jamaica this evening.

Last week I was in the Odessa Texas area and had southern California blowing up my recieve for a couple of hours. I was hoping to hear you 917. Maybe next time.

Anyways next thing I knew I begin to make contacts to east and south Texas, then I heard a couple of guys down at my hometown of San Antonio, we went 37lsb and I talked to them and to a couple of stations near Austin for the next 20 minutes or so. It was pretty cool talking to my neighbors while out on the road.

15. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

Ya Codeman..,would be cool to QSO with you!! Haven’t made a member contact yet. Today is good! Most channels are going!!

S&W357 likes this.