1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

11 meter is very quiet?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Tweetybird, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

We have Texas on most channels right now. Hear bits and pieces of Skid row from California talking to Oregon.on ch 22.

Slowmover likes this.

2. snippits75

snippits75 Well-Known Member

Western NC foothills. East West still rolling. Heard some Colorado stations too.

S&W357 and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  3. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

I have a local Texas pileup on 26.865 ch31 lower.

AmericanEagle575 and Slowmover like this.
  4. YardDog

YardDog Active Member

Work has had me living out of hotels for the last three weeks. Finally got home and turned the radio on last night. Plenty of skip on every channel of AM and SSB but it was all south of the border. I hope tonight the wave will come from another direction, I can't take anymore of those damned roger beeps and mexican noise makers lol

5. AmericanEagle575

AmericanEagle575 Sr. Member

Good Morning , Just turned on the Ranger hoping to hear at least a little bit of Skip, absolutely quiet on 38 LSB, Conditions have been quiet and Crappy,at least up here in Central Pennsylvania,Mr Sun needs to get his act together and fire of some solar flares or whatever jump-starts Skipland,ready to make some contact's,hope all my radio Friends from here have a great Sunday!!!!

6. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

Yup, same report from the high plains of Texas. Nothing for days except for a few locals and drivers passing through. SSB is dead here

7. Unit 75

Unit 75 "TRAINMAN"

West Coast was booming in today. So was South America. Spoke with Costa Rica, Trinidad and Aruba all on ch20 AM.

codeman, YardDog, cralt and 5 others like this.
  8. cralt

cralt Well-Known Member

More sun activity

Eldorado828 and Slowmover like this.
  9. cralt

cralt Well-Known Member

I would love to make a contact in the tropics on AM. SSB to there isn't much of a challenge from here.

10. Eldorado828

Still dead silent here...

11. YardDog

YardDog Active Member

Radio was quiet for the most part. Talked with locals for a bit, but otherwise quiet. Then slowly I heard skip from down under coming in on SSB. Then was booming in but I waited instead of walking on someone. Antenna Bender, 751 near Queensland was sounding fantastic on 27.395 lower tonight. Got caught in traffic and couldn't get a solid contact, but for a brief moment he was calling back to me. Must have been entertaining for anyone else listening to an Arkansas redneck and an Aussie trying to cut through the noise lol

12. codeman

codeman Recovering Crackerhead

I heard 751 out of Australia yesterday I tried to make contact but i did not have any success but I do believe I might have made contact with Bundy 29. Not sure though.
    I definitely made contact with 369 in Hawaii.
    Tuesday morning I was in Houston and got tired of the local morons on channel 19, so I checked 38 LSB . To my surprise I heard the Pacific Northwest. I made 4 contacts up that way, and just like that it was dead again.

Edit: other then a few Jamaica stations in the evening that is about all that I have heard in past several days as far as dx goes.

#4557 codeman, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  13. secret squirrel

secret squirrel Lustrous Potentate

Good deal tonight, 32 LSB very little noise. Listening to Whiskey Net check=ins Western PA. It will run to 10-11pm with check ins.

14. Eldorado828

Been monitoring the band throughout the day with only occasional talk coming from the Stryker on Am running on the attic dipole. The anytone monitoring ssb, on the vertical has heard nothing in days. I'm thinking it's time to verify everything is kosher with the vertical antenna because it's been entirely too quiet.

AmericanEagle575, S&W357 and TheRATT like this.
  15. S&W357

S&W357 $upporting Member N.C. WDX-556

Actually a small amount of Skip came in on radio late this afternoon. I was receiving from both Rhode Island & Colorado at the same time.

I chose RI and talked to a couple Leo’s friends on 37 LSB with one of them (RI 1313) living five miles from Leo’s house…now his widow’s house.

He said she sold Leo’s radio gear to some of his friends in RI.