• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Nice Ralph!
Just to bad that 718 does NOT do 6 meters, it's not a bad rig for $$$.
Not having 6 meters included is the deal breaker for me.
Not sure why ICOM did that.
The discontinued Yaesu FT-450D was in the same price range came with 6m.
Like wise the Yaesu FT-891 does now.
ENJOY(y)(y):D:D
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: S&W357
I listened to 10 meters yesterday afternoon, I heard a few strong Brazil and Argentina stations.
Back on 11 meter I made a pretty good contact to Trinidad. Lots of Jamaica stations in there as well but no contact.

Also heard a very American sounding guy in Guatemala talking to somebody in Canada telling him that he grows coffee and avocados. He said he was in the mountains around 6000 ft. That was just as I was getting parked for the day. We will see what today brings.

Last edited:
Nice opening on 38 LSB right now. I hear Sacramento California, but he didn't hear me. Then I talked to Nevada, and Arizona. Doing a "Burn In" on my third 86v, barefoot with the Aries power mic. Heard some chatter on the radio from across the room, just sat down and started talking. You will get to talk when mother nature says its your turn. Haha!

RALPH: What is that little mobile rig with 28.500 showing on display?? (under your callsign display)(y):D

Gary,

That radio is a Anytone AT-6666. Works great on 10 meters just running the radio's power...no amp.

Also another AT-6666 (27.3850 on screen) just to the left by the old Siltronix.

The radio to the far right perched on top of the Siltronix is a 2-meter Yaesu FT-3100.

Ralph

Earlier this morning was talking to two local guys within 35 mile radius on 27.375 LSB when a voice came booming in on my horizontal wire dipole...26/MP/1035 "Mark" in East Yorkshire, England. Good QSO with Mark.

Then both of the guys I was originally talking to each had a QSO with "Mark".

26/MP/1035 "Mark" was talking to stations in both NC & SC.

Few minutes later had a brief but not so good 27.375 QSO with 12/KP/16 "Tabare" in Uruguay. Signal coming in & out, talking very fast, broken English, running echo...etc. Him...not me. :confused:

Now...back to figuring out the Icom-718.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.