• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I'm asking because I am curious if the human ear will hear the improvement, or the improvement would only be noticed on a mete.
You location is in mother natures tough spot and good luck fighting mother nature.
I understand what your saying about fighting mother nature, she is a tough one ! According to several radio people I know they say the schotkey mod makes a noticeable difference and others say it doesn't so I guess it boils down to who do you believe. I have to trust these nice hearing aids the VA gave me and I know I hate static or air noise while I travel long distance so I might try my extra DX 979 as a experiment. Then we have my McKinley which is nice for my little car but needs a professional alighment to make me happy. Nothing ventured nothing gained. And yes I know about Squelch an RF Gain controls.

Reactions: Rwb
I understand what your saying about fighting mother nature, she is a tough one ! According to several radio people I know they say the schotkey mod makes a noticeable difference and others say it doesn't so I guess it boils down to who do you believe. I have to trust these nice hearing aids the VA gave me and I know I hate static or air noise while I travel long distance so I might try my extra DX 979 as a experiment. Then we have my McKinley which is nice for my little car but needs a professional alighment to make me happy. Nothing ventured nothing gained. And yes I know about Squelch an RF Gain controls.
Before you invest in modifying your radios, do you have your hearing evaluated every year and have the hearing aids adjusted?

These are top notch hearing aids and I down loaded the app to my smart phone so I can adjust them with my smart phone by blue tooth I can hear the soles of my shoes touching the floor if I want. LOL
Have you considered installing an antenna tower and a beam antenna? A while back you posted several skip contacts you had with your current equipment and location. I'd say, don't fix what ain't broken. How about a decent amp with a pre-amp option?

The schotkey receive mod is suppose to improve the receive and quite the air noise somewhat. In this stinking valley I need all the help I can get. I have discovered a CB repairman about a 3 hour ride from me so I'm going to call and talk to him and tell him about my problem children and if he can take care of Them I just might load them up and take-em for a little ride. About the same distance as you are from me and maybe I wouldn't be a disgruntled DXer anymore. The guy is recommended by several radio forum guy's so I might throw him some trial bones. A couple road trips might be in order. I'm growing tired of dealing with CB problems and time to Clean House.

A DSP might help you more than the diodes.

The guy at the VA can't hear with my ears and has a problem listening to what I tell him but i guess that is pretty much human nature.

Have you considered installing an antenna tower and a beam antenna? A while back you posted several skip contacts you had with your current equipment and location. I'd say, don't fix what ain't broken. How about a decent amp with a pre-amp option?
In a couple years I'm going to be out of this place. I'm not investing in a tower and beam. That's more than a little mod.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.