• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I went to that West mountain radio site and listened to the demos and it is impressive. More study is in order ! sounds good for the Auto travel but does it filter out the air noise when there is no transmission going on ?

Reactions: Rwb and Crawdad
You wouldn't be the first one that said that. The Great Mike from Mike's Radio Repair didn't think highly of that mod either. I'm going to take my 2547 to a better location.and test it out further before I make any decisions. I've had it almost 2 years and it has left me disappointed. I have 3 Base Stations and 1 has got to go. 1 for the radio room and 1 for the garage

Reactions: Rwb and Crawdad
I don't get what you're asking sir, sorry.

Now I get it. Night Thumper explained it to me.

It will reduce, not remove dead air noise. Makes it much more "listenable" (real word?). Has helped me with QRM problems I fight. I hear weaker signals that I don't think I could hear without it.
There are several threads here about them that may help.

Last edited:
When you have your radio turned on and no one is talking you still can hear static thru the speaker and that interferes with listening to music when you travel

Reactions: Rwb
The problem being when you travel around here most of the time people aren't talking and static is just trash to the ears.

If I'm remembering correctly Mike's radio repair talked about some Germanium diode being better than the Schotky diode for reducing noise, so that needs to be investigated also.

There was 2 options there the speaker and the little control box which looks like you use your existing speaker. Was wondering what the pros & cons of each is. I already have many speakers. Is the control box more effective?

There was 2 options there the speaker and the little control box which looks like you use your existing speaker. Was wondering what the pros & cons of each is. I already have many speakers. Is the control box more effective?

First off I hate to see this thread veer off course..here’s a link to a great discussion regarding the WestMountain DSP: https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/westmountainradio-clrdsp-feedback.262018/

I have owned both the stand alone DSP box and the speaker/DSP combined. In my opinion the combination is a better option as I believe the DSP and Speaker are better matched than trying to match the stand alone DSP to the right speaker. In addition I think the speaker in the combination unit is outstanding.

Brad
KE0XS
South of Pittsburgh

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.