• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Haven't had much time to play radio today. Been busy with the kids. When you have 3 kids ages 5,6and 8 with ADHD you get busy. I'm exhausted by the end of the day.
To quote Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon: " I'm getting to old for this sh*t!"
You do have a lot of work!! It’s exhausting but sooo worth it!!

Enjoy them!! My son will be 17 this year and miss the days of him hugging and giving us kisses. They are so precious when little. Now he’s a teen….whole different animal. He’s too cool!! LOL

The Mexican station’s English was almost none, so I busted out my high school Spanish!!!
I tried a few times, currently running a temp set up in the truck until I can re run some coax and get a new antenna up. Temp set up is just a mag mount Wilson 5000 hooked to my Anytone quad 6. I'll eventually get around to getting the truck up. Most free time now, I have been spending it on getting everything set up for my base station for when my radio and antenna arrive.

Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb
I tried a few times, currently running a temp set up in the truck until I can re run some coax and get a new antenna up. Temp set up is just a mag mount Wilson 5000 hooked to my Anytone quad 6. I'll eventually get around to getting the truck up. Most free time now, I have been spending it on getting everything set up for my base station for when my radio and antenna arrive.

You know how it is…hit or miss. So weird sometimes. A local and I were trying for the same Georgia station and he being on a base with more power couldn’t break through. I made the contact! LOL

Keep us posted on your base and mobile stations!!! And don’t forget pics…some of us are pic whores!!! LOL

You know how it is…hit or miss. So weird sometimes. A local and I were trying for the same Georgia station and he being on a base with more power couldn’t break through. I made the contact! LOL

Keep us posted on your base and mobile stations!!! And don’t forget pics…some of us are pic whores!!! LOL
Oh most def. Got a RCI2970N4 on the way and one of the 43 foot Zero Five fold over antennas coming too. I figured this might be a pretty good set up.

It was a quiet ride home except for a local who asked if his rig was working because of how quiet it was. We talked a bit and when I got near home Trinidad came in loud!!

So…I call out. Why not!! He came back!! Real faint cause conditions were wonky but ya. 3,900 miles!!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Spent the past two days going thru eastern Or/Wa and today near Seattle, dead silent everywhere I checked......gotta layover for the weekend, hopefully it picks up.....

Todd

Reactions: ForestRunner98

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.