• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

80 degrees? I could only wish! We just had a "Bomb Cyclone" dump snow on us, Biggest snow flakes I have seen all winter. Only amounted to an inch for us. But with the high winds, I tipped my antenna mast down just incase.

We got about 5 inches near State College and Bellefonte (Central Pennsylvania area) I'm so ready for Spring and summer and warmer temp's!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Couldn't find the old post about fm but i made contact with a guy from las vegas to me in S Carolina on 26.805 on FM!
Its was like regular skip and had background noise but as soon as he keyed up he was crystal clear and all background static disappeared.
Thought it was pretty neat and would share.

Hello.
Im finding I can hear you Americans clear as a bell when the skip is on, but there are so many of you talking, you cannot hear me!
I will keep trying.
Welcome to the Forum, you'll meet some really nice and knowledgeable folks here and learn something New about the radio hobby everytime!
AE#575 Pennsylvania
Steve

Hello.
Im finding I can hear you Americans clear as a bell when the skip is on, but there are so many of you talking, you cannot hear me!
I will keep trying.

When skip is running strong it seems as if everyone here in USA is on a radio. Lots of times hard for us to even hear anything. : (

2NC556

Hello.
I will keep trying.
Welcome to the forum! I have my newest base station on order and when I get it set up, I will def have to try to make a contact with you!

Reactions: S&W357
I hear Hawaii, California, and Pennsylvania having a 3 way QSO on ch41 LSB. (27.415)
This is how it went down:
It started out with Sidney Australia, Hawaii, and California. Then Australia dropped out and California started rolling the 5 for Pennsylvania. Then Hawaii, California and Pennsylvania all at the same time. I did not dare key up, I didn't want to break their momentum. Then they were gone.
I wish I had a way to record it. That will be my next project.

This is how it went down:
It started out with Sidney Australia, Hawaii, and California. Then Australia dropped out and California started rolling the 5 for Pennsylvania. Then Hawaii, California and Pennsylvania all at the same time. I did not dare key up, I didn't want to break their momentum. Then they were gone.
I wish I had a way to record it. That will be my next project.
Pretty cool,Sounds like it didn't last very long with the Skip Conditions rolling in and out, bummer........

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.