• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Always good to see West connect with East! I made that drive back in the early 70s and should have had a CB then.
Never been East!! Been as far as New Orleans and that was fantastic!!! East coast is definitely on the bucket list. Oh wait…I don’t count a layover at JFK as visiting. LOL

Glad things are looking up for you fellas but around here the band is still dead as could be. Might get up there and inspect some coax connections and the antenna tomorrow, I'm starting to think there could be a problem with my setup.
Hope not for your sake, but believe me DX has slowed down considerable compared to what it was a month or two ago. I want to lay my antenna down to shorten it a half inch to fine tune it.

Glad things are looking up for you fellas but around here the band is still dead as could be. Might get up there and inspect some coax connections and the antenna tomorrow, I'm starting to think there could be a problem with my setup.
never fear
skips not hear
but id bet real soon its back. been sporatic. up 1 minute n poof gone the next. id bet your antler is just fine. that red sand blowin in tejas should polish it well

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
It's been dead up here in Central Pennsylvania the last couple days, absolutely No DX openings at least that I have heard and if there is it only lasts a few seconds,I think the Solar storm's are playing havoc with getting a Signal out or in ,Could be wrong but just a gut feeling ,I'm ready to do some Dxing and make some contacts, hopefully it'll be pick back up soon again........

It's been dead up here in Central Pennsylvania the last couple days, absolutely No DX openings at least that I have heard and if there is it only lasts a few seconds,I think the Solar storm's are playing havoc with getting a Signal out or in ,Could be wrong but just a gut feeling ,I'm ready to do some Dxing and make some contacts, hopefully it'll be pick back up soon again........
Had fast dx around 7pm EST for about 10-15mins. Not the usual suspects either I usually get (NM, TX etc..), one station LOUD from the Caribbean and a ton of Spanish language stations. Then poof gone.

Been pretty dead around here also. Hope it isn't because the sun being lower in the sky and headed south !

most of what im recieving is really garbly sounding stuff. tried both my lincoln ii+ and galaxy 99v sounded really bad on lsb and am
I read or heard somewhere that a major Solar storm is or is in the process of hitting Earth,wondering if that's what you are hearing or most likely affecting HF Comms. like it usually does,just guessing................

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro
most of what im recieving is really garbly sounding stuff. tried both my lincoln ii+ and galaxy 99v sounded really bad on lsb and am
I did hear a lot of foreign talk on channel 5 yesterday and channel 6 came in sometimes. But the channel 5 was the one that surprised me because it was like 6 but foreign.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.