• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I don't doubt that one bit the way it was here today. I'm beginning to think if you want to talk to someone when it's like this it would be best to jump up to USB but have never tried it but will start giving it some thought.
Oh ya gotta to come up to the upper channels!! It’s real fun. Besides you’re not really competing with the super watt, bye bye bye crowd…not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Just turned the Ranger on about half a hour ago in-between doing laundry,tried calling out CQ more than a few times, absolutely no response as it seems the station's up my way home and go very quick+ alot of qrm here and there today, still going to keep trying however,hope all of my Radio Friends out there have a great day today and God Bless you,May we never Forget 9-11 and where we were on that fateful day that brought us together as a Nation,even if only for a Small time and people who lost there lives that day,Let us Never Forget!!!!
Well Radio Friends,made contact with the Following:
WR #303 or 373 Colorado(was a little bit of qrm,hard to make out at first)

178 Washington State ,Mount Vernon (Larry, he's a WWDX member,can't seem to remember his screen name,my apologies) great talking with him!!

Unit # 5 out of San Diego, California

Conditions finally started to pick up for me in the late afternoon and it was good meeting new contacts and just having Fun on the Radio,hope all of you were able to make some good contacts today and have a great week ahead and God Bless you all!!

Steve

Keep calling, same where I live, but you slowly find people. Upgrading my antenna to an array is helping as well, getting out much farther , and making some new contacts. Skip is just about over here, got out once today, but the skip has a fast roll now that the cooler weather is here. Keep track of the times you here people, and the channels, often people go on same time and channel every night, 7 or 8 in the evening, spin slowly through your channels, make notes.
I did. it worked, upgrade antenna if you can .we found local friends, prepper kids, retirees, and just found skip! Cool stuff!

Reactions: codeman and Rwb
Rick330man, your signal and audio was loud and proud here in Ontario, hope to make cantact again.
cheers!
Your spot in the 404 DX log book is now officially reserved! The walkie talkie you see in the picture, a Cherokee AH-100 is the unit I was talking to you on. I was using a very modest Radio Shack headset mic and was sending all of my mighty 8.6 watts to my A99.

Looking forward to doing it again.

Reactions: TIN_CAN and Rwb
As close as they are to me I never really hear from that area of the country. Must be the landscape barriers block their signals from me.

They are too close to you. Signals are going straight over you. The most difficult states to work are generally the ones next door. You need a different propagation mode to work them. Sporadic E may allow short skip like that but backscatter is a rare occurrence but can have interesting results. I am in Nova Scotia and could never work Prince Edward Island which is only about 100 miles away. One day while working a station in Venezuela with the beam pointed south, away from P.E.I. I heard a station in Charlottetown P.E.I. I turned the beam north and lost her. Back south and picked her up fine. Ended up talking to her with the beam pointed in the "wrong" direction. Signals were going south to Venezuela and a portion of what arrived there was being scattered back towards us. She really was in P.E.I as I got her QSL card later. Propagation is weird and amazing at times.

They are too close to you. Signals are going straight over you. The most difficult states to work are generally the ones next door. You need a different propagation mode to work them. Sporadic E may allow short skip like that but backscatter is a rare occurrence but can have interesting results. I am in Nova Scotia and could never work Prince Edward Island which is only about 100 miles away. One day while working a station in Venezuela with the beam pointed south, away from P.E.I. I heard a station in Charlottetown P.E.I. I turned the beam north and lost her. Back south and picked her up fine. Ended up talking to her with the beam pointed in the "wrong" direction. Signals were going south to Venezuela and a portion of what arrived there was being scattered back towards us. She really was in P.E.I as I got her QSL card later. Propagation is weird and amazing at times.
you just said what ive thought for all my years with radios. talk local or waaay out there

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?