• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Thanks for thinking of me, got my kidney stone removed today. Spent the remainder of the day in the big chair at my mother in law's house. But I am feeling good, going back to work tomorrow. Will hopefully get some radio time soon.
Oh man, I don't know what that's like but have watched good friends deal with those before and it looks rough.

I'm not sure what it entails for you now but get better my friend. I bet radio was the last thing on your mind today.

But anytime I hear the your area in the receiver the internal tuner starts listening for you.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Yeah. Yesterday was brutal for noise/his
Too bad conditions didn't hold for us Mike. I heard you great on the first transmission, then it went to crap!! Too many big booming voices. Mother nature's trickery. Haha...

I did have a qso with @Shadetree Mechanic in Delaware. Always good hearing from you. Sounding good brother!

Too bad conditions didn't hold for us Mike. I heard you great on the first transmission, then it went to crap!! Too many big booming voices. Mother nature's trickery. Haha...

I did have a qso with @Shadetree Mechanic in Delaware. Always good hearing from you. Sounding good brother!
226, it was great talking to you, you were sounding good as always. 605 Texas was filling up my radio, but I heard you well when he wasn't talking. I was on the back work bench talking on my 99v. I was putting the 86v back together with the RFX95 with a new transistor. I got the bias set correctly now, might put it back in the truck before my new x9 arrives.

Chris

Yeah, I heard several people talking to 605 in Texas. I think he's in the Houston area. But regardless of where he is, apparently he's got a nice station. I hear people talking to him all of the time. I also hear a lot of qso going on with 828 in the lone star state.
That 99v was sounding choice! Give us a post after you get the x9 and have time to run it for a while.

Pretty cool especially if we think back to about a year and a half ago when the band was completely dead. Nice to know we're all getting a share of the goodness!

226 I hear you having a ton of qso as well, too bad we can't talk. So close yet so far.

I myself did have some qso but had a tough time breaking through for the most part. Starting to consider some POWA, just afraid to loose neighbors as friends.

I agree 828. Good times to be had, and hopefully for several years to come! I use what I would consider minimal assisted power and I do fairly well with it.
1 1/2 watts in the kl203p swings around 150 to 170 on LSB. I also run it through a low pass filter to keep it clean going out. As for neighbors, apparently it's not an issue with anyone. I've been in my current home for 19 years and I know, and talk to most of my neighbors. They would definitely tell me if I’m causing problems. More power than that?? I don’t know at what point it would start....

Was running errands this morning and worked several stations in NY, NJ, MASS, Maine, RI and Florida all from the mobile. All on lsb 37 and 39.
Conditions are crazy. Heard several Cali stations but couldn't get back to them. I had a pipeline to the east coast.
Yes sir, conditions were pretty crazy today.
Today I ran okc and back with weather and crashes making it a long day but the channel 19 skip was heavy and all over the country. Clear as day skip literally from all over the country, just listening to that was a full day's entertainment.

But no ssb time for me today

Yeah 19 am is nasty noise today with only a little signal through the noise.
The space weather woman nailed it with the prediction. She said Friday into the weekend the solar winds would bring the noise level up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.