• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Just talked to @Brother DXer , 226 West Texas a few minuets ago. Great to hear you in there sir. I have a direct line to Texas on 36lsb, hearing 226 lining them up and knocking them down.
It was great talking to you 808, as always!! You are still sounding choice with the X9. That's a keeper, for sure.

I just had a local qso with undertaker on his X9 and he was sounding great as well. I may have to seriously look into one for myself!
Yes Sir, you fellas are doing all the good!

I also heard a bunch of stations getting back to 828 in the lone star state. He must have been Booming!

It was great talking to you 808, as always!! You are still sounding choice with the X9. That's a keeper, for sure.

I just had a local qso with undertaker on his X9 and he was sounding great as well. I may have to seriously look into one for myself!
Yes Sir, you fellas are doing all the good!

I also heard a bunch of stations getting back to 828 in the lone star state. He must have been Booming!
And the same for you my friend, heard many calling for 226 today so you're doing all the good. After many contacts and can't ever qso with with 808, crazy how that works.

I've been mainly hanging out on 36 and 37 because 38 has been a pileup sounding like a beehive mixed with 1,1,1,1,1,. I even made the trip down to 16 today but the am bleed over was rough there.

As to the x9, we'll see how mine turns out when it's back. I'm hopeful after reading @Shadetree Mechanic and @undertaker working the band well with theirs.

Not much time for dx today but I did listen for a while as the band was wide open.

I've got about 2 to 3 weeks before the base station will be coming down and off the air during a move 60 miles southwest. Will probably be down a few months but meantime going full mobile during the new 1 hour commute to work. We'll see how that works out.

Until then I'll catch what I can from the base with hope of a wwdx member qso.

Sitting at my mother in law's kitchen table right now, with one of my President Randy walkie talkies. Listening to the Motor Mouth Maul show on ch 28. He makes my walkie talkie sound like a big radio for sure. He is the one that got me hooked 6 years ago listening to my Cobra 18.

Dang it! Just as I hit save, the bottom dropped out.

Seems conditions were pretty good again today. The radio is on but only reading the mail as I do suspension work to my daily driver. Struts, control arms, tie rods the whole shabang so I'll only read the mail for a few days until that job is done. Much rather be dx'ing than in a wheel well doing the t-rex arms thing all while cramping up.... but anymore if you want something done right you've got to do it yourself...

Happy dx everyone

Drove to the pharmacy this morning and on the way back I talked to 844 mobile in Maryland. Cool to talk mobile to mobile. He said was blowing smoke into Maryland. Not bad for a barefoot guad6 and fender mounted sirio p5000.

Reactions: ForestRunner98
I had a nice chat with 025 Mike in the Netherlands about 10am.
We was on 38L and went to 390 where I make contact. Others were there so we went down to 380. Nice and quiet.
Back in the 80s it took every watt you could muster, the CB Gods looking down at you, and using beams to make that contact. With the sun helping, my Q5n2, 300-p, and Sirio GPE 27 make the trip to EU, and all over N America with no problems.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.