• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I believe it was around 6 pm, and you were talking to a station in Florida, and then another station after that. I couldn't hear the other stations, and you kept popping up above my noise floor. There was absolutely nothing else in my receive, funny how skip works. I suspect that the conditions will improve this fall as the weather gets cooler. We will keep trying.
Yeah, I was talking to a couple of stations in Florida. Amateur operators, both on Icom 7300s. They kept trying different mikes and asking me how they sounded. Excellent clear audio no matter which mike. Both stations. Those SDR rigs sound awesome.
When I asked how my audio sounds, one guy said, " Well, it sounds like a CB." Typical amateur attitude.

BTW 808, if you're usually out there around 6pm (7 pm here), QSY up to the other one. I'll monitor that channel starting at 5pm your time.

Sounds great, I am usually on by 5. I will be calling and listening on the QSY. If we are able to QSO, I will see if I can take a short video of it on my phone.

Reactions: Rwb and unit_399
Just had a QSO with JJ @unit_399 in Colombia. Good to finally make a solid contact with you sir, great talking to you. I was talking on my Lincoln 2+ mounted in an ammo can just like my McKinley. I am surprised we did so well, we hit it just right. I totally forgot to record it on my phone, maybe next time.

Take care, stay safe, enjoy the DX and we'll catch you later. This is Delaware Base Station #808, and I'm clear.

IMG_20230802_201339998_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Just had a QSO with JJ @unit_399 in Colombia. Good to finally make a solid contact with you sir, great talking to you. I was talking on my Lincoln 2+ mounted in an ammo can just like my McKinley. I am surprised we did so well, we hit it just right. I totally forgot to record it on my phone, maybe next time.

Take care, stay safe, enjoy the DX and we'll catch you later. This is Delaware Base Station #808, and I'm clear.

View attachment 64928
Chris -
Really enjoyed the Qso. Sorry to have kept you waiting. Got confused about the time zones. Senior moment.
Your station's audio was clear and your signal strength was 7 to 9.
Great to finally talk with you. We gotta do it again soon. 73 my friend.
J. J.

Chris -
Really enjoyed the Qso. Sorry to have kept you waiting. Got confused about the time zones. Senior moment.
Your station's audio was clear and your signal strength was 7 to 9.
Great to finally talk with you. We gotta do it again soon. 73 my friend.
J. J.
BTW... Love tthe ammo can setup. Especially the cigarette lighter

View attachment 64928
Awesome.
I am glad to hear that Jim has got it dialed in.
His station before was just as impressive, I used to hear him often out here , got his QSL card put away here somewhere.
Great contact!

Jeff

been sporatic in southwest mo,still gettin radio broadcasts of news .dont see hot they keep from cremating their radios. lots of skip at the 400 to 600 mile range

I'll sadly report the same for here, nothing ssb but did chat with a local operator across town for a good while this evening. He's a retired guy living with his son so radio is social media. His son wouldn't put a base antennas up for him so he uses a uniden 980 with a kl203 and a Francis fiberglass on the rail of the chain link fence. It works but it's hard pulling him out of the static at about 7 miles away. That the extent of my dx today.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio