• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Did pretty good .385 this mornings and conditions died out. I happen to be on AM 20 and thought there were some locals talking so I chimed in... turned out it was a net in Florida and somehow wound up chatting with the group for a while. Weird stuff how that happens.
Most of the morning I was talking to stations on 385 in two general locations. They were either in the NE corner, or the NW corner. Nothing in between. It was definitely busy!
Yes Sir, propagation is some weird stuff sometimes.

Most of the morning I was talking to stations on 385 in two general locations. They were either in the NE corner, or the NW corner. Nothing in between. It was definitely busy!
Yes Sir, propagation is some weird stuff sometimes.

I heard somebody calling your numbers 226! I made many contacts up to the northeast this morning and a couple this afternoon to Oregon. I even made it to 427 (I think) in Alberta, Canada.

I'm happy to have some conditions.

I heard somebody calling your numbers 226! I made many contacts up to the northeast this morning and a couple this afternoon to Oregon. I even made it to 427 (I think) in Alberta, Canada.

I'm happy to have some conditions.
Yeah, it was super busy there for a while. I actually thought I heard you!! Which is very short skip, if it was you. I heard someone saying they were SW of San Antonio.??:unsure:

I'm glad we had some good conditions today!

It got on about 17:00 and worked several stations in Brazil and Uruguay. Also a couple in the Canary Islands. Turned the beam into the Pacific and worked 4 or 5 Australian stations. All in the span of an hour or so. It was very quiet with no noise. First time in a couple of months I have had a quiet radio on 11 meters.

Decided to put my homemade Moxon up on the painter's pole today but before I did I turned the McKinley on in the Jeep and within seconds heard 030 Ireland calling on 38LSB here in St Louis. Didn't hear anyone comeback so I rolled the dice and boom, good but brief contact, got keyed over pretty quick. Still barefoot and that was going through my roof mount Larsen NMO30 coil and 64" whip! Spent the next 20 minutes getting the Moxon set up and zilch nada zero contacts for the next hour lol.

@Eldorado828 great making contact with you it's been a while since we last talked. I think the conditions are slowly changing in our favor. We will keep trying.
73 and 51
My pleasure sir, I heard that 808 and I knew it was on haha. Yes it's been quite some time now. Unfortunately some bozo on my end purposely started in and cut it short on my end, go figure.
I do agree with you, the season and the sun are working in our favor, let's keep going.

Some amazing conditions in this part of the world, first time the station has been powered up since Sunday so that's great.

Best part tonight is the wwdx contact with Señor 808 in Delaware, heck yeah!

The AM side of things was incredible as well, had a great conversation with Deerslayer in Florida. It was so well I returned but with the phone to record one more quick qso with him. I must say his audio is top shelf. That's twice this month having incredible AM conditions good enough to make contacts. Come on fall!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio