• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Good question! I have an old 23 channel SSB radio on 16lsb (almost 24/7). Usually I get some traffic from across the border (get a lot of that living in the lower end of Texas), but I would love to make some english speaking contacts on 16 one of these days. Many times I fall victim to the "XYL Propagation Factor" (when there's skip coming in the wife usually finds that list of things for me to do around the house --- or worse ---errands to run ;)

I have an operator from the Dutch West Indies in the grass, and he cant hear me.

PUMP IT UP !!!

399 J.J.

Just got home from church and lunch with Dad,fired up the Ranger and gave a shout out on 16 LSB and 40 USB, absolutely quiet on my end at the moment, checked out the propagation report earlier and was calling for only Fair conditions for 10-11 meters today,think I read somewhere online maybe,not sure,that a another solar flare hit earth on Friday, again not sure about that,can't Wait until conditions start back up again!!

73's

Reactions: Brother DXer
38 lsb there's some action happening but not in my favor as of yet because I can't quite punch through. Hopefully I can get the 2970N2 situated soon so I can have a little more POWA to break through.
The band is flat here, I talked to my brother this morning and it was rough, we sat on 40 for a while and talked but never heard another station.
38 had a few stations right at the background level but nothing good to pull out.
Just have to bounce in and out checking conditions.

Jeff

While driving to the nursing home today to see my sister, my barefoot McKinley on 38 LSB picKed up a guy calling himself World Radio from Southern Cal. and I usually don't hear much out of Southern Cal. When I got home and changed into my work cloths I decided to turn on my Lincoln II+ hooked to my Star Duster, barefoot and heard Southern Cal coming in on that also

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio