• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Was hit and miss. Pushed 73 hours this week. Wasn't supposed to be off. Middle of turnaround. While getting ready for tomorrow kicked it on. Atlanta asked what antenna I was using, he couldn't believe it was a 102 whip. Want to get my 11m cubical quad built soon and be able to switch to directional.

The cubical quad would be nice. It's a little larger and catches more wind load in comparison to just a yagi on the horizontal. I ran the Signal Engineering 8 element quad and the Lightning 4 element quad. Worked well, but I decided to try something new to me. I'm using just a 5 element on the horizontal as my dedicated DX antenna and I run the Shockwave ground plane for local chit chat. I'm finding it to be a lot more manageable for me because I no longer have to be turning the rotor constantly to everyone dx or local I wanted to have a QSO with. Maybe it's your thing maybe it isn't but I know you will find out soon enough. You might even consider running a cloud burner beam with some kind of ground plane mounted on top (less any radials) as your beam under it will work really well as a ground plane for that vertical. Just a suggestion coming for someone who's been there done that :) What every route you take, I wish you the best and can't wait to talk to you on the flat side!
-73's

The band is open to Delaware. My four pill is broke so I am on the President Madison with a Texas Star 350HD.
38LSB
955 Florida
1234 Florida
505 Albuquerque New Mexico (real nice QSO I used to live there)
224 Florida
Three Legged Dog Tampa Bay Florida
777 Florida
World Radio 0714 Southern California (30 seconds worth and then gone)
17 Rick Florida (big signal)
954 Florida
620 New Smyrna Beach Florida
429 Del Ray Beach Florida
1K5 Florida
583 South Florida mobile

CH28
010 Florida mobile

CH22
502 Florida
357 Magnum Florida

Last edited: